Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

use Canik 17 rounds mags in Q5SF to reduce lateral play

highhope

As "Xav91"'s post, that the the mag lateral play in Q5SF may be the reason for some malfunction. 

My friend tried the Canix Tp9sfx mags (made by Mec-Gar ) in the Q5sf, and result in way less lateral play. He shot about 300 rounds fmj ammo with no malfuction so far. Hope the Canix mags can solve the issues/malfunction of Q5sf..

555555.png

Edited by highhope

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bwikel said:

Will these fit the mag gage with the +4 TTI CZ base pads? Anyone have first hand experience with it?

In this video, it seems, TTI CZ basepad on Canik mags is not legal in Tp9sfx for USPSA. So I guess they are legel in Q5sf too..

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm interesting. I have several TP9SFX mags and just ordered my SF which should be here this weekend. I'll try and test both factory mags and the Canik mags and get back to you all after 1,000 rounds or so.

**EDIT** I also dont have to buy new magazine extensions if the Canik mags work. I wont complain about that.

Edited by shakin_bakin

10 hours ago, shakin_bakin said:

Hmm interesting. I have several TP9SFX mags and just ordered my SF which should be here this weekend. I'll try and test both factory mags and the Canik mags and get back to you all after 1,000 rounds or so.

**EDIT** I also dont have to buy new magazine extensions if the Canik mags work. I wont complain about that.

yup. if you shoot Co, still need basepad for canik mags to make 23 rounds. maybe you have them already...

On 5/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, MisterM said:

Could anyone be so kind and post picture with Q5 SF and Canik magazine inside without base pad? 

Sure can! Could of done that today but didnt see your message. Want a photo with the SFX magazines or just the standard Canik mags (without the +2 extenstions that come on the SFX)

11 hours ago, shakin_bakin said:

Sure can! Could of done that today but didnt see your message. Want a photo with the SFX magazines or just the standard Canik mags (without the +2 extenstions that come on the SFX)

Really, anything you can share 🙂

I took my 18 round Canik mag to my LGS yesterday to fit in the SF.  Also took the IDPA box.  All fit.  The one thing that didn't fit me was the grip.  I pinched my hand on a reload with the stock mag and no problem with the 18 Canik.  My hand was as high as it could go.  I'll stick with my CZs.  Good luck with your Walthers!

• 1 month later...

I have some Canik SFX 18+2 rnd mags with Cain extension!! and they don't hold the slide open and they were having some jamming problems with the bullet nose hooking on the feed ramp. I didn't try and the regular 18+2 without the Cain extension. I am going to try the Canik 18+2s and see how they work. Will update Monday!!  JD

I tried all of my Canik mags and they won't hold the slide open all of the time!! And when I ran full Canik mags, I had some rnds nose diving into the ramp. I have a early Canik! maybe the mags have changed?? My Canik +2 standard mags don't seem to have as strong of springs, also the little plasic tab on the follower does not extend as high up as the one on the Walther 15 round mags. Juat my .02 Let me know what you guys find out??  JD

If you are using Canik mags with Taylor Freelance mag extensions for carry optics, you can add the Grams follower and spring for the CZ mecgar mags and get 23 in the mag. My SFx runs 100% with that combo

TF just released the Canik mag extensions in brass as well if you want the extra 2.9oz.

The slide lock most likely will not work but...23+1.

711A80B7-6912-46D5-B6EC-5B5E2EC72BF9.jpeg

OK, I ran the Canik 18+2 SFX mags and they ran fine, except they don't hold the slide open. Not that I need that anyway! So that gives me 20rnd mags that work in the Q5 SF! I also put the 12 Wolf Glock spring in and the Sprinco trigger kit springs and that lowered the trigger pull. What we really need is for Apex to come up with one of there triggers for the SF!!!  Just my .02  JD