Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can someone help identify this dry firing item?

minnesota1

I was watching Gabby Franco on her shot show and tell video and I saw a cool product.  It was for dry firing.  Problem is she and the spokesperson never said it’s name or the name of the company and I can’t see it when she was running up to talk to him as well.  What a waste of a great time to advertise your product.  I’ve sent her a message on Facebook but haven’t heard back. 

Can you helo help me identify this product?  It starts around the 6:30 minute mark of her video. It simulates recoils so I thought it was pretty neat.  If anyone has tried it I’d love to hear if it’s worth the money.  

Edited by minnesota1

Seems like a cool dry fire tool but I’d imagine you are constantly refilling with CO2 anyone that dry fires daily use one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a cool dry fire tool but I’d imagine you are constantly refilling with CO2 anyone that dry fires daily use one of these?

That was my thought. Based on airsoft pistols that have blowback, I think those get about 40 rounds per canister. I have to imagine that this uses just as much.

This also begs the question... why not just use the airsoft for training like many do. You not only get the benefit of recoil simulation but you also get hit confirmation from the pellet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That was my thought. Based on airsoft pistols that have blowback, I think those get about 40 rounds per canister. I have to imagine that this uses just as much.

This also begs the question... why not just use the airsoft for training like many do. You not only get the benefit of recoil simulation but you also get hit confirmation from the pellet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think the biggest group to benefit are those that don’t get to live fire often. I use dry fire to work on manipulation and index but if I dry fire too much without frequent live fire, recoil control and accuracy seems to suffer.

In all seriousness, these dry fire gimmicks are either invented by, or meant for people who don't understand how to dry fire.

I think you nailed it here (and I also love a tasty empanada)

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if the OP ever bought one but I'd offer up my experience. They do offer up recoil and surprisingly, it recoils more so than my ammo.  At first. You charge the barrel, and depending on the room temp, it charges for several trigger pulls. The faster you pull.the trigger the faster it expends the charge. It couldn't keep up with serious drills. Basically, I was having to charge it between each drill.  That's the good. 

The bad, the seals in the charging adapter would leak and would end up dumping a full paintball cylinder. It did this just about everytime. I'm talking every time. The recoil was there but not realistic to what your ammo would be so it really didn't serve much purpose. 

I don't believe it's worth the money. To be honest, IMO, it's not worth a fourth the cost. 

YMMV.