Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why no stainless or hard chrome?

JD45

I wonder what is the reason Glock has never offered stainless or hard chromed slides on their guns?

Also, why not a .22 rimfire? It would sell like crazy if priced reasonable.

Their G43X and G48 come with nPVD coated silver slides. Maybe they are testing it out to see if there’s a market for that finish. I think it’s mostly for corrosion resistance. 

Edited by HI5-O

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 10:45 AM, Salsantini said:

I've never seen a rusted Glock slide.  Perhaps Glock sees no need for this reason.

Some have rusted, there was a period four or five years ago I read of a number. I have one from the time that "blooms" rust from what I assume are small defects in the treatment if not oiled, the spots have turned to small pits . Supposedly Glock will refinish or replace, varying reports on charging for it or not, I haven't bothered. 

On 5/22/2019 at 6:05 PM, Beef15 said:

Some have rusted, there was a period four or five years ago I read of a number. I have one from the time that "blooms" rust from what I assume are small defects in the treatment if not oiled, the spots have turned to small pits . Supposedly Glock will refinish or replace, varying reports on charging for it or not, I haven't bothered. 

Never knew of this.  I would send it back to Glock.