Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Rudukai13

NEW Trijicon SRO - New king of MRDS?

Recommended Posts

Hello: I must be a cheap ass since I can't see why these cost so much? At most they should be under $300 since they don't have solar power or rechargable batteries or a camera in them. No high priced lens or titanium case. I guess we will see how these hold up in the competition world. Thanks, Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Deserteaglexxx said:

 

Did they give a release date?

Max posted they are shipping in July. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Height of the max is less than the rts2. Thought is was bigger with all the hype. 

Edited by echotango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

What size is the window on the Sig Max?

Height 24mm

Width 30mm

 

or I could have just looked at the picture above!

Edited by Balakay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I must be a cheap ass since I can't see why these cost so much? At most they should be under $300 since they don't have solar power or rechargable batteries or a camera in them. No high priced lens or titanium case. I guess we will see how these hold up in the competition world. Thanks, Eric

This actually makes sense. First, the body is aluminum so there must be quite a bit of milling. Window is glass with some coating, also not cheap. Solar cells and rechargeable batteries are actually cheap, you can find them in $25 Casio wristwatches or calculators.

 

Most importantly, this is a very low-volume item. The whole USPSA/IPSC market is at most a few thousand units. So development costs per unit must be significant.

Edited by lstange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to pay for the development of the next one once people realize the new ones aren't any good either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, echotango said:

Height of the max is less than the rts2. Thought is was bigger with all the hype. 

RTS2 is 22mm, MAX is 24mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, robb315 said:

RTS2 is 22mm, MAX is 24mm

My mistake, I went off the measurement posted on page 1 which is incorrect. 

Not sure why Sig could not make it 30mm all the way around.  They call it a 30mm lense, but only 30mm wide, not tall. Marketing BS I guess. 

 

 

 

  

Edited by echotango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SRO vs sig romeo 3 max for carry optics? Does sig win based on wider window or does trijicon win due to durability for slide-ride plus compatibility with RMR milled slides?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what the buttons on the sig will look like? RTS2 buttons are kind of a pain. Rmr buttons may be the best and DPP the most awkward. I don't care for holosun buttons but since it turns its self on and off I don't mess with them much and that's a plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Anyone know what the buttons on the sig will look like? RTS2 buttons are kind of a pain. Rmr buttons may be the best and DPP the most awkward. I don't care for holosun buttons but since it turns its self on and off I don't mess with them much and that's a plus. 

 

img_7554.jpg

img_7552.jpg

Edited by echotango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JGT said:

SRO vs sig romeo 3 max for carry optics? Does sig win based on wider window or does trijicon win due to durability for slide-ride plus compatibility with RMR milled slides?

Don't know who wins! LOL!!

Trijicon is an unknown with a new system

SIG's is just an "improved" system of the things MAX didn't like or didn't

 hold up to his volume of shooting.

 

Since most of us agree they all seem to crash sooner or later.  When one gets made that holds up in general they will win.

 

Until then Sig turned one, ( I dropped and told them I dropped the slide with the sight on it), around in a week from when I sent it in to when I received it back.

They sent me a brand new sight to replace the broken one.

I did ask them to expedite due to a match coming up soon etc.  So I'm happy with the turn around on warranty.

My other Romeo is close to 20K on it with out a problem.

 

I don't know what Trigicon's service is like and until this sight has been shot under uspsa condition and round count,  what their other

sights hold up to is a moot point.   Hoping it holds up great cause we can use an optic that will last.  I'm also hoping the SIG MAX is a long service sight.

It would be great to have several choices.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I must be a cheap ass since I can't see why these cost so much? At most they should be under $300 since they don't have solar power or rechargable batteries or a camera in them. No high priced lens or titanium case. I guess we will see how these hold up in the competition world. Thanks, Eric

 

The cost of warranty returns, repairs, etc. We all forget it's a tiny electronic device and whether it's built like a tank or not, Murphy's Law applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 5:45 PM, Neomet said:

 

Get ready for the phrase "Yeah I decided to mount a $500 Glock 19 to my SRO."

Winner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, redpillregret said:

 


Read the thread. It’s $490.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I was referring to the Romeo Max in the above pictures, not the SRO. I did read the thread, did you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, echotango said:

Not sure why Sig could not make it 30mm all the way around.  They call it a 30mm lense, but only 30mm wide, not tall. Marketing BS I guess.   

The lens may really be round and 30 mm in diameter. You just don't see the very bottom of it because the LED is in the way. Which also makes sense, you don't want too much height over bore. Besides, keeping the LED close to the optical axis makes it easier to control distortion and parallax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lstange said:

The lens may really be round and 30 mm in diameter. You just don't see the very bottom of it because the LED is in the way. Which also makes sense, you don't want too much height over bore. Besides, keeping the LED close to the optical axis makes it easier to control distortion and parallax.

It is not completely round. Measurements have been previously posted.  If that was the case, all mrd's would have 15mm windows. Slide rides seem to work.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was referring to the Romeo Max in the above pictures, not the SRO. I did read the thread, did you?



You did not reference the Sig. The thread is about the Trijicon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 10:00 PM, dansedgli said:

They need to pay for the development of the next one once people realize the new ones aren't any good either. 

Ha ha.  I was going to say maybe wait for gen 2 of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kensfl said:

Ha ha.  I was going to say maybe wait for gen 2 of these.

Classic SiG.....lol

 

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...