Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trijicon SRO Red Dot

bulldog009

Well that figures but May 9th isn't to bad of a wait. I'm a patient man even if it's June I don't really mind.

It is pretty funny looking from the side.... almost like a snorkel on a Jeep.  Better in my opinion than the Aimpoint ACRO. That thing looks like a double wide trailer parked on your slide!  :) 

RMRs are the most reliable dot, but no one wants to use them because the glass is the smallest. 

The SRO has a giant window and if it's as reliable as the RMR, it's pretty much immediately going to become the best dot available. 

Hello: Looks like another DPP crapped out here today. He has sent them back about 5 times now. He also has more than one on his open pistol. Make that two of them died today. The other was on a Carry Optics pistol.  Thanks, Eric

Edited by Aircooled6racer

I think I'll be rolling with this optic as I dip my toes into CO. 

In my view, Trijicon makes reliable, decent quality optics...while Leupold has better glass quality, their products are not as reliable as Trijicon. 

Given that this optic is for pistol application, 0-50yard shooting, the reliability gain is more important than outright glass quality.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, waktasz said:

The SRO has a giant window and if it's as reliable as the RMR, it's pretty much immediately going to become the best dot available. 

🤞

People who put the backup sights in front of the rmr may not work with this new sight. Would be nice to have a larger window and less tinted glass. Will it get dirtier closer to the chamber?

Edited by Joedirt199

It's hard to argue with the reliability of the Trijicon RMR series. I have two (original RMR on a CORE slide, and another on a PCC/picatinny) and neither has died, or 'burped'... thousands of rounds. Bigger window & top loading battery compartment... with the same RMR footprint? Please! Bring it on!

On 4/29/2019 at 4:26 AM, RangerTrace said:

I hope it makes finding the dot easier.  I shot my first carry optics match yesterday and finding the dot on hard leans with the RMR was tough.  

Always tough the first time. W/ time and practice its gonna be easy. Leans crouch or whatever. Big small lens no matter. Slide mounted or not.