Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trijicon SRO Red Dot

bulldog009

Honestly, with all the problems I and my friends had with the DPP, if this optic is anywhere close to RMR's durability and reliability, I won't care about the price that much.

I just hope its got clearer glass and a crisper brighter dot.

After shooting 10k through my DPP (C.O.) and my Holosun 510C (PCC) looking through an RMR makes me realize how awful they are regarding brightness and clarity.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Which dot size?  Like I said earlier I just ordered a RMR and CZC cut the slide on my Shadow 1 for it which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. 

I’ll probably hold off for a couple months until the bugs are worked out if there are any. 

5 MOA. I shoot a 2.5 MOA DPP and I keep wishing for a slightly larger dot, especially when it is sunny outside, especially when shooting a freshly painted steel. 

I don't need the glass capable of hammering in nails, I need the electronics to not s#!t out after 400 rounds like my last red dot. If it works like a typical RMR I'll be super happy. Ordered one this morning

34 minutes ago, waktasz said:

I don't need the glass capable of hammering in nails, I need the electronics to not s#!t out after 400 rounds like my last red dot. If it works like a typical RMR I'll be super happy. Ordered one this morning

Me too,,,,,

10 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I just hope its got clearer glass and a crisper brighter dot.

After shooting 10k through my DPP (C.O.) and my Holosun 510C (PCC) looking through an RMR makes me realize how awful they are regarding brightness and clarity.

I confess that I'm not a PCC or CO snob, but for me, as long as the sight is ultra reliable and tough, I'm not really worried about clarity.

46 minutes ago, waktasz said:

If it won’t go 20,000 rounds there’s something badly wrong with that product when it comes to USPSA shooting.

Unfortunately until now we haven’t had a viable option. I hope you just bought one, so please keep us in the loop. I know you won’t hesitate run it hard - and discuss it frankly.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Ordered one as well from Arms Unlimited. With free shipping and no sales tax it comes out cheaper than EuroOptic and it says in stock.....though I'm not so sure about that.  Looking forward to testing it out. I've had nothing but good experience with Type 2 RMRs.  I have 7 of them with tens of thousands of rounds between them. Never minded the blue tint and changing the battery never really affected zero. Even if it did its a 10 round exercise at best to be back on. Hopefully this is an improvement. The top loading battery is at the very least more convenient and the bigger glass will be great for USPSA....although I again I have no problem with the RMR.  Be interesting to see how it works in holsters and for concealed carry as well. Slightly larger but I think it will be manageable. I do wonder if the farther forward portion will require some holster dremeling.

Looks like they added this after I posted it.

NEW ITEM ALERT! Be the first of your friends to own this great new optic. Trijicon is a strategic partner, we will be one of the first to receive inventory on May 9th 2019. We will fulfill all orders on a first come, first served basis. Place your order now to reserve your place in line at no risk to you. We will ship as soon as possible, and won't charge you until we ship.

51 minutes ago, Fitzghan said:

Ordered one as well from Arms Unlimited. With free shipping and no sales tax it comes out cheaper than EuroOptic and it says in stock.....though I'm not so sure about that.  Looking forward to testing it out. I've had nothing but good experience with Type 2 RMRs.  I have 7 of them with tens of thousands of rounds between them. Never minded the blue tint and changing the battery never really affected zero. Even if it did its a 10 round exercise at best to be back on. Hopefully this is an improvement. The top loading battery is at the very least more convenient and the bigger glass will be great for USPSA....although I again I have no problem with the RMR.  Be interesting to see how it works in holsters and for concealed carry as well. Slightly larger but I think it will be manageable. I do wonder if the farther forward portion will require some holster dremeling.

41 minutes ago, ClayBuster said:

My friend just sent me this from the NRA show, it doesn’t look horrible. 

506DDE86-F458-497D-9462-435CC68F359A.jpeg

Ask him how clear the glass is and how crisp and bright the dot is.