Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

short chambers in Glock gen 5?

thehudge

On 5/6/2019 at 10:47 AM, ironpony said:

Now I’m curious as to why aftermarket “Match” barrels have the deeper chambers and are possibly more accurate than Glocks shallow match?

On 5/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, nick779 said:

Probably to allow for more flexible load development, ive also heard that KKMs lock up much more solidly that factory gen 5 barrels.

I've spent a lot of time and money on aftermarket barrels. I've never found any of them to be as accurate as OEM, and definitely not more accurate. 

I know I'm just some random dude commenting on a gun forum but OEM is very accurate.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, B_RAD said:

I've spent a lot of time and money on aftermarket barrels. I've never found any of them to be as accurate as OEM, and definitely not more accurate. 

I know I'm just some random dude commenting on a gun forum but OEM is very accurate.

On 5/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, B_RAD said:

A KKM Barrel in my G34 Gen 4 wasn't any more accurate than the OEM barrel either. 

As for 147 grain bullets go. The profile of the ACME 145’s and 135’s load easily in my Gen 5. I prefer the 135’s and load them to 1.125.  Crazy accurate so I didn’t mess with the OAL. But could load a little longer.    

in a gen 3 g34 i had a barsto barrel. it definitely had a "shorter chamber" and all around was much much tighter in tolerance. it had to be hand fit at the hood where it locks up into the slide. that barrel was very very accurate and a noticeable improvement over stock, even with my limited skill level at the time. but what killed it was how dang picky it was about ammo. you HAD to use the barrel as your case gauge to be certain rounds would chamber. so i stopped using that barrel and sold it.

i now have two gen 5 g34 and a gen 5 g17. my "cz length" loads work just fine in them. i also shoot just 147 grain of different profiles, either plated or jacketed.

Truncated cone, round nose, round nose flat point, the ogive is different even on different round nose designs.

We have settled on Xtreme 165gr (9mm) round nose plated.  Loaded to the same oal as Blue Bullet 147gr Round nose (1.150) the 165gr will plunk in both the Gen5 oem and the KMM barrel but the 147's will not plunk in the Gen5 oem barrel.  

The same load in my 4.7 inch Sig p320 barrel vs the 5 inch KKM barrel in the G34 gen5; the KKM barrel runs 50fps faster.  We have not determined which barrel is more accurate.

Any issues with moly coated bullets in Gen 5 Glock barrels? My Agency is going to them and I just picked up a couple to start playing with. Currently using the same 147gr Xtreme over N320 I loaded for my H&K’s with no issues. Was planning on trying a box of Bear Creek 147gr that a buddy has...

Edited by TCB

6 hours ago, TCB said:

Any issues with moly coated bullets in Gen 5 Glock barrels? My Agency is going to them and I just picked up a couple to start playing with. Currently using the same 147gr Xtreme over N320 with no issues. Was planning on trying a box of Bear Creek 147gr that a buddy has...

As long as they're loaded short enough to chamber, they'll be fine. Lots of folks shooting coated bullets thru Glock barrels. 

Well, The Bear Creek 147gr flat nose loaded out to 1.15 plunk and spin with no issues in my Gen 5’s...didn’t bother seeing if I could go longer as 1.15 seems like a good OAL for 9mm.