Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TSO 40SW Barrel failure

cheby

Here is what happened to my TSO barrel last Saturday. 28K rds through. The new barrel is coming. Does anybody know what kind of fitting I would need to do?

Capture.PNG No SN

20190420_112023

Edited by cheby

what did that sound and feel like when it happened?

ps-only rarely have i had to fit a factory replacement barrel. normally where the top lug goes into the hood and a small bit on the rh side above and below where the extractor cut outs are.

Edited by rowdyb

4 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

what did that sound and feel like when it happened?

ps-only rarely have i had to fit a factory replacement barrel. normally where the top lug goes into the hood and a small bit on the rh side above and below where the extractor cut outs are.

I just had a malfunction  - Failure to feed. I tried to clear the malfunction and saw that the barrel was falling out. It was during the practice so I took my time.

Would you use some emery cloth? about 200 grit and some 600?  

thanks

i think there are a few older posts here about doing it. I just watched Mink and CJ do it so learned from observation.

Now that dang BarSto barrel I had custom made for my Shadow 2...... That was a whole other nightmare in barrel fitting.

Edited by rowdyb

My reloads, 172PF. (Blue bullets 180gr , Prima SV, 4.1 gr) CZ will ship the new barrel as soon as they get one in stock. It is covered by warranty.  Not sure when it will happen though. So I went ahead and bought a new barrel from CZ Custom as well. That one is coming in a day or two. At the end I will have two barrels, I guess. 

I bought a .40 S&W Tactical Sport here a year or so back.  Same broken barrel thing.  The owner gave me a good deal and all I had to do was order a barrel and fit it and yes, same spots needed some stoning (I always stone/oil when removing metal because it's slow and helps keep me from messing up).  Not tough to do.