Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minneapolis area ranges (moving)

Well, I took a job that's going to take me from having my own range with 24/7 access (a pasture, hah) to working in downtown Minneapolis. It looks like there's plenty of opportunities to shoot matches, but what I'm really interested in is ranges with open bays (preferably private)? I have my own steel, target stands, texas star, etc. but I enjoy live fire practice pretty frequently and shooting in a lane in anything but the dead of winter just kills me. 

We haven't started house hunting yet, but it's coming in a hurry. If possible, I'd like to live relatively close to the range, hence my question. Fees/work days, etc. don't bother me, but a 2+ year wait is probably a deal breaker for me. 

Thanks in Advance!

4 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

Well, I took a job that's going to take me from having my own range with 24/7 access (a pasture, hah) to working in downtown Minneapolis. It looks like there's plenty of opportunities to shoot matches, but what I'm really interested in is ranges with open bays (preferably private)? I have my own steel, target stands, texas star, etc. but I enjoy live fire practice pretty frequently and shooting in a lane in anything but the dead of winter just kills me. 

We haven't started house hunting yet, but it's coming in a hurry. If possible, I'd like to live relatively close to the range, hence my question. Fees/work days, etc. don't bother me, but a 2+ year wait is probably a deal breaker for me. 

Thanks in Advance!

https://flscmn.com/

Just north of Minneapolis 

Not sure on wait list though

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

Whatever you do, do not live within the city limits of Minneapolis itself.

Seems to be common advice, thanks. We’re still trying to decide which direction to look as far as a burbs go. 

1 hour ago, Acer2428 said:

Awesome, I appreciate the info. 

I should also note that if you live far enough east of the metro area, Eau Claire (WI) may be a viable option. They have several good ranges.

22 hours ago, je85 said:

https://flscmn.com/

Just north of Minneapolis 

Not sure on wait list though

During the fall months our Minnesota Outdoor Gun Range opens the covered rifle range for Deer Rifle Sight In. Rifle shooters come from all over the Twin Cities to shoot from 50 – 400 yards in advance of the Minnesota and Wisconsin Deer Hunting Season. For more information click here.

Holy s#!t that's the time to stay away from their rifle range