Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Tanfoglio Stock 1

Localizer

Just picked up a stock 1...I want to potentially use this as a way to dip my toes into CO...or maybe as a backup to my stock 3.

Will my stock 3 holster fit the stock 1since both are of same frame design?
They sure will. My bladetech holster with Ben stoeger boss mount works with stock 1,2, and 3

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The stock 1 & 3 also fit in a CZ shadow 2 holster.
Unfortunately its not the other way around where I can shoot your Shadow 2 for a day [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Damn CZ perfection

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Localizer said:

Wow! This is all great news!

Wonder why there aren’t more Stock 1s around?

It was mainly designed for the IDPA market.

The stock 2 is the go to gun for USPSA production.

I have the stock 1 myself and the only thing I dont like about it is the front and back strap.

They should have checkered it like the stock 2 & 3

What are you planing for optic?

Milled or sight plate?

29 minutes ago, je85 said:

It was mainly designed for the IDPA market.

The stock 2 is the go to gun for USPSA production.

I have the stock 1 myself and the only thing I dont like about it is the front and back strap.

They should have checkered it like the stock 2 & 3

What are you planing for optic?

Milled or sight plate?

Makes sense...Stock 2/3 are beefier (so less felt recoil and quicker recovery on front sight?)

Initially, Dovetail mount. Will pick up a DPP later on, but I hear good things about the Burris FF3.

Do you know if there is a difference in functionality between a milled set up vs dovetail mount? The dovetail setup looks a bit high, but idk.

1 hour ago, Localizer said:

Makes sense...Stock 2/3 are beefier (so less felt recoil and quicker recovery on front sight?)

Initially, Dovetail mount. Will pick up a DPP later on, but I hear good things about the Burris FF3.

Do you know if there is a difference in functionality between a milled set up vs dovetail mount? The dovetail setup looks a bit high, but idk.

The stock 1 weighs the same as the stock 2.

I have a burris FF3 on a dovetail mount.

Functionally no real advantage to having the slide milled. 

The benefit to milling is getting the optic low.

10 hours ago, je85 said:

The stock 1 weighs the same as the stock 2.

I have a burris FF3 on a dovetail mount.

Functionally no real advantage to having the slide milled. 

The benefit to milling is getting the optic low.

You sure they weigh the same as the stock I is a short dust cover and the II is a FL dust cover ?  Not to mention the SI has a tradition barrel profile and the SII has the beefer cone.   I know you loose a 1/4" in barrel length so maybe that does not work out to much increase but the DC difference I would think surely would.   Its gotta be worth 3-4 oz no? 

Then again I have been wrong plenty before so........at least I am getting good at something LOL

Edited by tim_w

You sure they weigh the same as the stock I is a short dust cover and the II is a FL dust cover ?  Not to mention the SI has a tradition barrel profile and the SII has the beefer cone.   I know you loose a 1/4" in barrel length so maybe that does not work out to much increase but the DC difference I would think surely would.   Its gotta be worth 3-4 oz no? 

Then again I have been wrong plenty before so........at least I am getting good at something LOL
Talking about the IFG stock 1 not the old eaa stock 1.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

On 4/21/2019 at 9:47 AM, JayTac556 said:

They sure will. My bladetech holster with Ben stoeger boss mount works with stock 1,2, and 3

I bought 2, one developed a crack and was replaced by Bladetech, the other 2 have since developed cracks. 

For what it is worth. I liked the way they worked otherwise. Could be that the way I push down to get a secure grip during dry fire practice is tough on a holster.

Now using a RHT double layer for my stock 2 and have another on order for my stock 3. Not sure how much force I would have to apply to hurt the RHT but am pretty sure I would pull my pants down long before damage occurred.