Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2.0 4.25” milled for optic

jpm2953

Sorry if this has already been brought up. I scrolled through 5 pages. 

I am currently shooting a M&P 1.0 CORE 4.25” in carry optics. I really enjoy my 2.0 better. It’s more accurate. Getting it milled is cheaper than a apex barrel for the 1.0. 

Primary machine seems to be the place to go?? 

I wish S&W would release a 2.0 CORE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I only see one drawback to having Primary Machine mill the slide.  They mill to a specific sight's footprint so if you want to try a different sight, you are out of luck. 

For example, I have a Leupold Delta Point Pro on my 5" M&P9 2.0 using Leupold's rear sight replacement dovetail mount.  If I want to use a different sight, say the new Trijicon SRO, all I need is a replacement base from Trijicon, EGW, etc.     

If I have Primary Machine do my slide I'm stuck with the current design Delta Point Pro forever.   A better and more versatile arrangement would be to mill the slide to take various adapter plates the way Glock, S&W Core or other factory optics ready guns are set up.  

20 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I only see one drawback to having Primary Machine mill the slide.  They mill to a specific sight's footprint so if you want to try a different sight, you are out of luck. 

For example, I have a Leupold Delta Point Pro on my 5" M&P9 2.0 using Leupold's rear sight replacement dovetail mount.  If I want to use a different sight, say the new Trijicon SRO, all I need is a replacement base from Trijicon, EGW, etc.     

If I have Primary Machine do my slide I'm stuck with the current design Delta Point Pro forever.   A better and more versatile arrangement would be to mill the slide to take various adapter plates the way Glock, S&W Core or other factory optics ready guns are set up.  

Yeah I have decided against getting it milled for a specific sight. I have a Core with a venom mounted and I ordered a dovetail mount for my 2.0. I don’t want to be married to a certain red dot. I’ll wait til they release a 2.0 Core model.