Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mp 2.0 not ejecting brass

Bull600

My son who is 11 shoots a 2.0 in uspsa and the gun doesn't ejection brass well.  The recoil spring has been changed to a taran tactical 13lb spring. Brass ejects about 4 in out and 6 in back.  I know some problems are my son's grip he will limp wrist pistol.  I am wondering if spring is too light?  I would like to see brass further out.  We shoot cci 115 9mm if that helps.

I noticed my 5 inch (40) Core starting to eject brass "limply" at about 3500 rounds (they just about fell out of the gun at my feet).

The ejector appeared undamaged so I removed it and cleaned out a whole bunch of carbon/sludge crap trapped in the slot.

The cleaning fixed the problem and it returned to tossing brass far and hard.  😀

My son who is 11 shoots a 2.0 in uspsa and the gun doesn't ejection brass well.  The recoil spring has been changed to a taran tactical 13lb spring. Brass ejects about 4 in out and 6 in back.  I know some problems are my son's grip he will limp wrist pistol.  I am wondering if spring is too light?  I would like to see brass further out.  We shoot cci 115 9mm if that helps.
13 pound spring is not too light. Even with factory loads that will work just fine. I use a 13# and work flawlessly. Hope the cleaning fixes it.

Dumb question....how was ejecting for you? You boy may be limp wristing it like you mentioned but I'm assuming you would not be. So curios to see if the problem occures with you as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I shot gun it didn't eject as well before cleaning and polish job.  My son shot today the first time the gun had not hung up with him.  He was sooo happy.  
I'm glad it's fixed man. Good to hear yall back at it slinging lead

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk