Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 Tactical disconnector pin issue

TheButler

I have a cajunized SP-01 Tactical that I absolutely love. For some reason, the pin (#9 on the schematic) connecting the hammer (#16) to the disconnecter (#17) likes to walk out of the hole. The pin then hits the frame of the gun and prevents the hammer from moving backwards and I have to completely disassemble the gun to slide the pin (with my fingers) back into the hole. Has anyone had this issue and if so, how did you fix it? Aside from ordering a new pin I can't figure out how to prevent the problem. 

The problem can be cause by tilting the gun on its left side (oriented pointing away from you) and tapping it or just storing it for extended periods (the pin can only come out on the left side when the gun is assembled). On the bright side, I've gotten pretty good at disassembling and reassembling the gun.

Also, I am not certain which sub-forum this belongs in because the gun has been modified so please move it if I am in the wrong place. Thank you for all the input and advice.

CZ-75-B_BD_P01_SP-01_Tactical--CZ-SPARE.PARTS_web.png

While generally the CGW hammer and hammer pins are pressure fit to the CGW hammers, i have seen a few that were a little less tight. To my knowledge the standard fix for this issue is to locktight the pin into place. I do not have any issue with the staking option suggested, especially if it is unlikely that they will ever be removed.

Edited by Tok36

On 4/20/2019 at 12:53 AM, yigal said:

u need to pin it on both sides. more accurately than in this pic.😉

ת×צ×ת ת××× × ×¢××ר âªpinning cz disconnectorâ¬â

All the work was done by cajun gunworks. are those pins peened in place? Or is that from having to punch it out of the hole?

EDIT: I see now that race1911 said they needed to be peened

Edited by TheButler
correction

Thanks everyone for the responses. Would you advise staking or using some loctite to hold it in? I realize staking is probably a more permanent fix but loctite seems to be like a better fix for avoiding problems like bending the pin. Unless I am overthinking it