Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Initial add ons for GMR-13

I should have a new GMR-13 in a week or 2.  I have a few 33 round mags.  I figure I need 2 +10 base pads and a mag well.  What brand for mag well?  How about base pads?  I hate the TT ones I bought for my CZs.    I think I'll get a couple G17 mags for classifiers.  

Anything else?  I don`t want to do much else until I get trigger time.  Any other must haves?

I'm using a Goliath each for my GF and I and we just have an extra 32 round with a +0 TTI base pad spare in our belts (base pads came with the mags). I've so far never needed a 3rd mag but we do have an extra glock 32 round just in case with stock base pads. For classifiers I start with the 52 round setup downloaded to whatever is needed for mag 1 and mag 2 is the 32 +TTI base and I feel like I have decent reloads. I am tempted to try a smaller mag to see if its even faster since I could index my finger better like a pistol but so far I'm fast enough on those rare reloads I'm not doing anything about it yet.

Also I bought those extensions for my DAA mag pouches to fit the 32 round glock mags. I bought 3 but we only use one each because neither of us feels like we need two deep pouches, on classifiers I actually put the 32 round in a normal depth mag pouch so I can index it better. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

I am not finding any aluminum mag wells for this rifle.   I've only found:

https://www.titanrocket.com/product-page/jp-gmr-13-magwell

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Techwell-PCC-Magwell-JP-GMR-13-P4945.aspx

The Taylor Freelance mag well says that it's Foxlock system doesn't work on a GMR-13.    I can go get one of the plastic mag wells.   I'd prefer aluminum.

19 hours ago, Smitty79 said:

I should have a new GMR-13 in a week or 2.  I have a few 33 round mags.  I figure I need 2 +10 base pads and a mag well.  What brand for mag well?  How about base pads?  I hate the TT ones I bought for my CZs.    I think I'll get a couple G17 mags for classifiers.  

Anything else?  I don`t want to do much else until I get trigger time.  Any other must haves?

What I use:

- a Titan Rocket magwell

- MBX +5 (36 rounds) or "Mini" (47 round) base pads.  Don't normally need to haul around 47 rounds, and don't even get me started about the "Mega" (57 rounds).  😉

- Crimson Trace Mini Rail Master laser

Enjoy the GMR-13.

1 hour ago, ABQautoxer said:

15s but I believe his work for both.

From the Taylor Freelance website about their mag well:

"NOTE: Also works on AVG lowers, can be modified to fit Rainier Arms lowers, but does not fit the JP GMR-13. (The magwell fits, but the FoxLock doesn't.)"

I've emailed JP about the extended mag release working with the GMR-13, and will report back when I get an answer about compatibility.

My advice, get the gun shoot it for 1000 rounds see what your likes and dislikes are. (Change the dislikes). With my qc10 build I found I didn’t need an extended mag release.

Ask bmiller if he makes a magwell for gmr13. If you get a good magwell big sticks load faster.  Before buying any mags or basepads, wait to see what is unveiled at the nra show. 

I'm not sure what the difference is between the GMR-13 and the GMR-15, but I really don't see a need for a magwell on the GMR-15.  It loads easily even with topped of magazines.  I bought 1 TTI plus 10 base pad and it worked perfectly for me yesterday.  

1 hour ago, Bwillis said:

With my qc10 build I found I didn’t need an extended mag release.

For my GMR-13, I just put a piece of skateboard tape on the stock mag-release. 

(I didn;t need more leverage, the JP mag release works great, I just wanted something to index my finger on, and this works like a champ for me)