Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

180gr Blue COL for CZ TSO 40?

Riley

I’m getting some feeding issues at 1.130 and even 1.125 in a new CZ TSO in 40 S&W. They pluck and spin great. When loading from the mag, sometimes get about half into the chamber and hang up. Crimp is good. 

I get get the same thing occasionally with MagTech 180gr FP. 

I’m not sure how short I can safely go. I currently load CFE-P at min charge 5.9, and get 1,040fps and a 187PF. About what the MagTech gives. They both shoot well, just the feeding. I’m looking for a different powder to get down to 170PF. 

Both with new factory mags and mags with Grams followers.  

The feed lips on the mags look good and seem to be the same width etc. I guess it could still be mag related. 

Edited by Riley

I’m getting some feeding issues at 1.130 and even 1.125 in a new CZ TSO in 40 S&W. They pluck and spin but some get about half into the chamber and hang up. Crimp is good. 

I get get the same thing occasionally with MagTech 180gr FP. 

I’m not sure how short I can safely go. I currently load CFE-P at min charge 5.9, and get 1,040fps and a 187PF. About what the MagTech gives. They both shoot well, just the feeding. I’m looking for a different powder to get down to 170PF. 

Both with new factory mags and mags with Grams followers.  

The feed lips on the mags look good and seem to be the same width etc. I guess it could still be mag related. 
decrease your charge to at least 5.0 grains and go shorter until it plunks properly. you should def chrono and find a less hotter charge. 187 is too much

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have shot around 40,000 of the 180gr blue bullets without a single issue. You are definitely running some hot loads. I have used 4.52gr of N320 and 4.2gr of ramshot comp both at 1.145 OAL with 2” groups at 20yrds on average. You can also get a extra 5% off if you use code (Moser). I’ve also used the 200’s without issue but returned to the 180’s. I just like the feel of them better 

Edited by Superpipe9

Phone typing...

My loads at 1.130 plunk and spin great, and they drop free of the chamber when inverted.  

To clarify: The ones that that get hung up are when loading from the mag, not during plunk check. 

I do chrono the loads. 5.9 at 1.135 is min load from Hogdgon data with Berry’s Plated. My 9mm data suggest that the difference between plated and the Blues makes this a safe load. Just stout. 

Edited by Riley

More searching led me to look at the extractor and breach face. After a slight tweaking of the extractor and some polishing of same, it will now feed a full mag of dummy rounds without issue. Loaded to 1.130.

Thanks all, now to find a better powder. 

More searching led me to look at the extractor and breach face. After a slight tweaking of the extractor and some polishing of same, it will now feed a full mag of dummy rounds without issue. Loaded to 1.130.

Thanks all, now to find a better powder. 
Titegroup or 700-X. making 172pf out of both with 180gr ibejiheads @ 1.205 with 4.2gr of 700X or 4.4gr of Titegroup. There is muzzle flip but very little recoil. Sights get back on target with both fast burning powders. You won't regret it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk