Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ball dentent slide racker starting to come loose

m-cz-shadow-2

I have a Brazos Zigracker on my limited gun that I had a dovetail cut for a while back.  Now I am starting notice that the slide racker is slightly lose (I can wiggle it around in the dovetail).  In addition I shot a match last night and noticed the slide racker had come out about half way catching on the second ball detent.  I figure its only a matter of time before I lose it during a stage, is there anything I can do to force a tighter fit?

On 4/19/2019 at 6:28 PM, Glk21C said:

had someone tell me once to hammer the bottom of the racker a little to flatten out the metal so that it becomes a little snugger in the dovetail

I've heard this too but was scared it bang it out of shape, guess I can give it some baby taps and slowly adjust to make sure I don't over do it 

I've used a spring loaded center punch on 2 points on the angled side of the racker.  Moves the metal around just enough to tighten it up. Punch, test, punch, test.  If you go to far just a light dressing with a stone gets it just right.  Remember,  the racker is the cheap piece so no work on the slide!!

IMG_1978.JPG