Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I can safely assume my barrel's not bent :)

ysrracer

Trigger prep...  Looks like your snapping the muzzle down when pulling the trigger.  Is this with a stock trigger or has work been done??  Try the same, single action,  you'll probably see huge difference and it will help indicate the accuracy your gun, ammo & you are capable of..  Then,  practice, practice , practice.

Edited by NoSteel

11 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

What kind of groups are you getting SA, from a rest ?

None, it's a double action only 627. 

About the same at 25 yards from a rest, except six inches lower, and six inches to the left.

Shooting with both eyes open, indoors is tough for me. I'm a geezer, and can barely see the front sight :)

Edited by ysrracer

14 minutes ago, NoSteel said:

Trigger prep...  Looks like your snapping the muzzle down when pulling the trigger.  Is this with a stock trigger or has work been done??  Try the same, single action,  you'll probably see huge difference and it will help indicate the accuracy your gun, ammo & you are capable of..  Then,  practice, practice , practice.

6 o'clock hold, where the black meets the tan.

When I started all this shooting stuff, I aimed hard and when I saw the correct sight picture I wanted the gun to go bang immediately. I've found it doesn't work that way.

With all handguns, and especially double action ones, aiming doesn't stop when the trigger pull starts. You aim while you pull the trigger. A poor sight picture will move the point of impact maybe an inch at 7 yards, a poor trigger pull can move it a foot.

Squeeze the trigger and continue aiming. Accept that the gun will wobble on the target and squeeze the trigger. Aim while you squeeze. It's not aim then shoot, the two things happen concurrently.

11 hours ago, ysrracer said:

About the same at 25 yards from a rest, except six inches lower, and six inches to the left.

I would adjust your sights up and to the right.   See how that works.

Also, work on your weak hand grip - as hard as you can to keep the

gun from moving while you press the trigger.    :) 

My gun has two points of impact. One when I'm shooting from a sandbag rest, and one from when I'm shooting standing upright.

Since I shot matches standing upright, that's the point of inpact I have the sights adjusted for.

Ok,  so you stated dbl action only.. In dry fire practice prepping the trigger back just to the point before hammer drop,  check sight picture again and pull trigger to drop hammer.  You should note less muzzle movement.  Do this till comfortable you can judge the steak in dry fire and then try at the range..  If,  and they probably will, your groups tighten up adjust your sights..  Now go back to your normal trigger pull and try to maintain the same group..

Also, For me with a Revo I had to train myself to put my weak hand thumb back around under the hammer over my strong hand thumb to get my group to tighten..  Weird feeling but works...