Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Cmore Screw Removal

Posted (edited)

Is there a trick to remove the front and back screws on a plastic Cmore?

I'm being cautious, as I don't want to damage the sight.

Edited by Big Guy

You mean the mounting screws? Just wrench them out with a good Allen wrench? If they don’t budge they may be red loctited and you’ll have to heat them to break free. I use blue loctite and just apply torque and they come right out

Posted (edited)

Sarge, I'm referring to the two screws that attach the cmore to the mount.

Edited by Big Guy

Big Guy, whoever mounted the scope probably used Loctite. You will need to heat the screws to get the Loctite to break loose.

The two safest methods are to use a clean soldering iron placed on the bottom of the screw until the screw is hot. Or to heat 

an Allen key and place in the screw/bolt until it is hot. The heat will help break down the Loctite enough to get the key to break loose.

Hello: I would be very careful with heat around a plastic C-More. Just put the Allen wrench in the screw head and twist it to loosen it. If it moves a little tighten it back less than you loosened it. Then remove the screw. The loosen and tighten motion heats the LocTite up to make it easier to remove the screw. This works best with blue but can also work with red on the two 10/32 screws. Thanks, Eric