Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unica Custom Size LF Grip

B21

Anyone know the difference between the Unica Custom size LF grips, and the full size LF grips?  I think I own every set of grip options minus the Hennings, and I keep going back to the stock wood grips.  I'd like something thick, with a bit more texture.  I'd hate to drop another $100 bucks on a set of grips that collect dust.  

https://patriotdefense.com/unica-tanfoglio-unica-grip-custom-size-lf/

13 hours ago, B21 said:

Anyone know the difference between the Unica Custom size LF grips, and the full size LF grips?  I think I own every set of grip options minus the Hennings, and I keep going back to the stock wood grips.  I'd like something thick, with a bit more texture.  I'd hate to drop another $100 bucks on a set of grips that collect dust.  

https://patriotdefense.com/unica-tanfoglio-unica-grip-custom-size-lf/

I saw  a while ago a person on EBAY selling a 3D printed copy of the wood grips and they were cheap.  You could get a set and mold, file/grind to your preference sizrite and shape then coat with carbide grit.  Most grips will be thinner than the wood factory grips and if you want thick, that may be your best path.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:56 PM, Apolo said:

This should help

FB_IMG_1555736133947.jpg

Great comparison!  Thanks for posting that.

And after having Henning, Unica, LOK thin and Scales 2.0 myself, I've also settled on the LOK Palm Swells for now.  Although if Henning does another run of his fully checkered ones I might give them a shot.

@B21 If you are interested, I have 2 pairs of custom thickness LOK grips that are molded after the thickness of the Tanfoglio Stock 2 factory wood grips.

One set is new never installed and one set is lightly used; one set is fully checkered pattern and one is bogies pattern.

@chaserracer I ordered a set of Palm Swells yesterday.  If they don't work out for me and you still happen to have the custom LOk's I'll hit you up, appreciate the offer though.  I need to off load a bunch of grips myself ha!

7 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

Anybody know how the Unica checkering compares to the Henning or LOK checkering? 

The Unica checkering is tame at best.

They are slightly rougher than the EGD extreme grips, not as grippy as the Henning grips and no where near the texture of the LOK bogie or checkered pattern grips.

In my opinion the checkering was inconsistent and there were too many smooth areas on the grips for my preference.

Hope this helps!

Just now, chaserracer said:

The Unica checkering is tame at best.

They are slightly rougher than the EGD extreme grips, not as grippy as the Henning grips and no where near the texture of the LOK bogie or checkered pattern grips.

In my opinion the checkering was inconsistent and there were too many smooth areas on the grips for my preference.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that saves me $100 on trying them.