Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rule 11.4.2

DKorn

11.4.2 ends with the sentence “All arbitrations will the posted on the USPSA website.” As an RO, this sounds like some interesting reading. Can anyone direct me to where these are posted? I haven’t seen them in my searching so far. 

Not sure where they are, but keep in mind if you do find them. Arbs are one time events. They don’t set precedent or change rules. I’ve seen arb committees make great rulings and identify weak spots in the rules and I’ve seen arb committees basically engage in jury nullification and completely ignore rules. There are some really messed up arb decisions. 

I've seen them posted with the match results (including Nationals), but that was a long time ago.

IIRC they were mostly 'I was DQed, but want back in, so I'm putting down $100 and pulling the handle and hoping to get lucky"

1 hour ago, Chuck Anderson said:

Not sure where they are, but keep in mind if you do find them. Arbs are one time events. They don’t set precedent or change rules. I’ve seen arb committees make great rulings and identify weak spots in the rules and I’ve seen arb committees basically engage in jury nullification and completely ignore rules. There are some really messed up arb decisions. 

For sure I wouldn’t be blindly going along with every arb decision as I’m ROing, but I always like seeing other people’s interpretations of the rules. That’s why I tend to be active on here.