Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honcho Shooters

93notch

Just now, MemphisMechanic said:

And just yesterday you were dead set on going Carry Optics.

I guess Wednesday is the day you reset your Division Of The Week counter?

“I’m shooting a Glcok in Production for the rest of this year, because I’m done switching guns. Or until Wednesday. Whichever comes sooner.”

😂😂

I knew when I posted this, you'd see it and say something. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a day filled with guns displaying 38 ports, shark gills, and Limcat’s “we have a huge fetish for the ball endmill” aesthetic...

...This slab-sided look is pretty cool.

It’s the same reason I like the Atlas Titan. All business. It says “We want you to be able to rack the gun easily, both front and rear. We got the slide weight right. But we skipped the window dressing.”

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I have the 3-Gun model and so far I really like it!  I haven’t done a ton of swapping around, but did a trial run of 9mm Open to .40 limited in 300-some seconds.  It seems to shoot nice and soft/flat (most of my shooting has been in 9-limited configuration, but a few rounds of .40 seemed nicer to shoot than my Edge), and the slide is buttery-smooth.  I think I’m drinking the Flavor-aid on the locking-block method reducing felt recoil, then combine that with the Evo grip...

I was looking at other custom shops, and really don’t think you can compare the Honcho for value, and quality seems to be on par from what I’ve seen.

I think you’ll be very happy!

ya the weight of the gun is crazy from what i have read which my guess is helping with the recoil impluse. I am getting anxious for it to get here......

Crazy must be relative. I was able to handle Keen’s at WIIT and it was lighter than my Atlas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, Chris Keen said:

I  shoot 9mm MAJOR at local matches and  shoot a major match with .38 super comp.

I use  3n37  in 9mm major and , it feels just like my 38 super comp loads, which are either 3n37 or AA7. 

What is the advantage of shooting major matches with the .38 SC ?

Why not just shoot the 9mm in local and major matches ?

20 minutes ago, 93notch said:

If i read it correctly but cant find it now they weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 59 ounces? for some reason that number sticks in my mind. 

It's just a tick over 56 oz. which does help mitigate the recoil.

But the really awesome part is the slide only weighs 10.1 oz. Combine all of the above with the 6# recoil spring that the Honchos are shipping with and you've got a really flat shooting gun. 

19 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

What is the advantage of shooting major matches with the .38 SC ?

Why not just shoot the 9mm in local and major matches ?

The brass is the biggest difference. I'm currently only using range pickup 9 brass, and that works great for for local matches, but I just don't trust that brass for a major match. But  I suppose I could. Or at least buy some once fired 9 brass for majors. 

But that's the great part about the Honcho, lots of options. 

1 hour ago, Chris Keen said:

It's just a tick over 56 oz. which does help mitigate the recoil.

But the really awesome part is the slide only weighs 10.1 oz. Combine all of the above with the 6# recoil spring that the Honchos are shipping with and you've got a really flat shooting gun. 

Is that both on the 3gun and open model 

18 hours ago, Furrly said:

Man that blaster is good looking.. Can't wait, mind's being shipped next week.. 

PT did a wonderful job with them. You will not be disappointed. 

I am taking her to texas to shoot with the other RO's for vortex shooters source 3gun this weekend.

22 hours ago, CzViper said:

Anyway you guys with a Honcho can tell me what the 40 limited barrel and block weigh together. And the slide weight is?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I will see if I can get a weight when I get back from texas.

Wish they offered a version that could switch back and forth between a frame mounted optic (open major) and a slide mounted optic (3 gun, open minor, more general purpose gun). Not too interested in having extra barrels for .40 S&W or .38 super.

It's actually a little weird that they offer both .38 and 9mm. Most people don't switch back and forth between these too often, right? It seems 9mm is much more popular nowadays.

Would be cool to see an island comp on the 3 gun minor 9mm barrel, like the STI Omni/DVC-P and the Atlas Erebus.

Also wish they made it easier to mount other optics, like the Holosun 510C, on the open major version.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

@avastcosmicarena this is pretty clearly aimed specifically at the shooter who wants to utilize the gun in Open and Limited divisions - exclusively in USPSA.

That’s a logical first step with a product like this. Perhaps if it succeeds they’ll market to the 3 gun and/or outlaw guys.

I doubt you’ll ever see a slide m-ride dot; there’s not enough demand or places it fits into a competitive division.

6 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@avastcosmicarena this is pretty clearly aimed specifically at the shooter who wants to utilize the gun in Open and Limited divisions - exclusively in USPSA.

That’s a logical first step with a product like this. Perhaps if it succeeds they’ll market to the 3 gun and/or outlaw guys.

I doubt you’ll ever see a slide m-ride dot; there’s not enough demand or places it fits into a competitive division.

What do you mean? They already have a "3 gun open" version that accepts a slide mounted optic. https://ptrinity.com/product/the-honcho-3-gun-model/

And it already comes with the comp'd open 9mm barrel. It would just require drilling out the receiver for the frame mounted optic & including the mount in the package. Then, it would be able to switch back and forth between open major and 3 gun open minor easily, just like the open major version can switch back and forth between open & the limited configuration.

Some people just use open major style guns in 3 gun, but there is a new-ish trend of people using slide mounted optic guns with island compensators for 3 gun because they are lighter, easier to holster, etc... See: Atlas Erebus & STI Omni/DVC.

Being able to have both in one gun would be really cool.

Edited by avastcosmicarena