Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Honcho Shooters

93notch

hey everyone i am patiently waiting for my PT Honcho to get back from coating and get to me. Does anyone here have one. if so how do you like it? I got it because it all actuality it could be the last gun you would have to buy. The reason i say this is because of the different barrels. You get a 9mm limited barrel with fiber sight, A 9mm barrel with a compensator set up for carry optics or open. A 40 S&W barrel with fiber sight, and a 38 Super barrel set up for open. It also comes with a vortex red dot, with a frame mount and a slide ride style mount. 

just curious how people are taking to them

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t have one myself, but I shoot matches regularly with two guys who do. They’re both running them in Open, one with 9mm and the other with 38 super comp. I’ve never seen either of them have any issues with reliability during matches, and they both seem to like the guns. 

33 minutes ago, 93notch said:

i know a couple guys that have them but i haven't been able to run one yet. I think i have about 1 week left from the latest  i heard. It just needs to hurry up. 

PSSSSST......you're in KCMO right? Come shoot mine, I'm in KCMO. If you want to dryfire and check one out, my office is near Zona Rosa and I have areas to dryfire in the office. Mine is the 3G model with slide ride dot, so I don't have the 38 barrel or frame mount. It's currently set up for Open so I can shoot the Vortex / Shooters Source match in Texas next, but it takes 2-3 minutes to swap it over to irons if you want to try it like that as well. I keep all the parts and mags with me. 

4 minutes ago, 93notch said:

Hi Dr. ya i know you have one just havent got around to coming to see you, i need to get an adjustment done so maybe i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. 

I have openings this afternoon and my schedule tomorrow is pretty open. If you want to call in dead to work Friday, come by to get adjusted, then at noon, a couple unwashed 3-gunners are coming by the office to meet up and drive to the office. We are just getting dope for rifles and checking zero's for pistol and rifle to make some longer shots in Texas (100-125yd with pistol). If we get done in time, might hit BulletHole for indoor USPSA, and maybe Higginsville USPSA Saturday. You're welcome to join.

17 minutes ago, 93notch said:

I need to start going to the bullethole matches just haven't got my belt all put together yet from adam. With his qd mounts 

Bring it by the office when there's some time to spare and we can get it all set up. 

48 minutes ago, EaZeNuTZ33 said:

Bring it by the office when there's some time to spare and we can get it all set up. 

the blocks that mount on the belt don't line up with the holes in the hard plastic liner in the belt so i am have to drill through it to get the screws in. 

43 minutes ago, Furrly said:

I have one being built.. Just received an email yesterday asking if I had a personalized serial number.. Sure did.. Should have it soon.. 😜

i am waiting on mine. I was told it went to Coating last week so should have it back to them by the end of this week i hope..... 

4 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Me and my wife both have them.

Shot SC Sectional and Area 6 with them. 

I shoot mine in Limited, and love it. My wife shoots Open (38 barrel) and has 6000+ rounds through hers with zero hiccups. 

Does it makes sense to practice with 9major but shoot 38SC in matches?

Or are the recoil impulses too different?

For someone like me who wants to shoot open and limited, this would be awesome!

Haven't put any rounds through the open setup yet but am loving the  limited setup for 3 gun.

Just after vortex shooters source 3gun I will be playing with the limited major setup in prep for the free state championships. 

Will try to tinker with the open just a tad and could potentially switch to open for free state.

Aaron how come you haven't signed up for free state yet?

I have some videos and pictures on my Instagram 3gunracer and facebook. But here is a video I put up on youtube.

20190202_124014 (2).jpg

29 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

That's exactly what I do. I can shoot 9mm MAJOR at local matches and not worry about picking up my brass, and in just a couple minutes switch out the barrel and go shoot a major match with .38 super comp.

I use AC, HS6, or 3n37 as a powder choice in 9mm major and with some minor variations in those 3 powders in terms of recoil impulse, it feels just like my 38 super comp loads, which are either 3n37 or AA7. Same power factor as well (169-170).

The recoil impulse using Auto Comp is noticeably more sluggish to me, but still useable as a good choice in open. I just prefer VV powders or A7, as they are more soft but snappy. 

Edited by Chris Keen
Recoil/load info added

22 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

And just yesterday you were dead set on going Carry Optics.

I guess Wednesday is the day you reset your Division Of The Week counter?

“I’ve had it! I’m shooting [brand name] in [division name] for the rest of this year, because I’m done switching guns! ...Or until Wednesday. Whichever comes sooner.”

😂😂

Edited by MemphisMechanic

5 minutes ago, Chris Keen said:

That's exactly what I do. I can shoot 9mm MAJOR at local matches and not worry about picking up my brass, and in just a couple minutes switch out the barrel and go shoot a major match with .38 super comp.

Killing me, I'm rage quitting open!