Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F OR upgrades for competition


Superpipe9
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2020 at 8:09 PM, AllOfTheData said:

I used this https://www.ndzperformance.com/Jentra-JTGR-1-Guide-Rod-Glock-Gen-1-3-17L-24-34-35-p/jen-jtgr-1.htm and had to shorten it 0.550

It uses Wolff springs which they have every weight from 10lbs and up. 

 

 

You just shortened the length? Or did you have to shrink the diameter as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sharing some updates on my abomination. Excited to shoot it! 8oz tungsten backstrap, hockey tape, lightened slide, 5moa SRO, Henning pads, HBI trigger and some glock springs. Still need to make that 3+oz tungsten guide rod with 1911 recoil springs. 

04C1A33D-A088-419A-867B-E43DF5BE289C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2020 at 8:39 PM, Superpipe9 said:

If you guys are still looking for tungsten guide rods I found this place that is now selling them. Haven’t ordered one yet but thought I would share. 
https://www.w74guiderods.com/store/product/cz-p10-f-guide-rod

 
  •  

 

What does the cajun gun work stainless weigh in comparison? what springs do you need for the w74?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2020 at 4:25 AM, mrvip27 said:

 

What does the cajun gun work stainless weigh in comparison? what springs do you need for the w74?

I’m not sure. I have the Cajun just need to weigh it. The W74 only weighs 2oz. and the jentra is close to 3oz. The jentra is also cheaper for more weight but I just don’t know if it needs to be fitted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2020 at 7:25 AM, Superpipe9 said:

I’m not sure. I have the Cajun just need to weigh it. The W74 only weighs 2oz. and the jentra is close to 3oz. The jentra is also cheaper for more weight but I just don’t know if it needs to be fitted. 

 

I guess I am just lazy and want someone to make me one xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2020 at 8:39 PM, Superpipe9 said:

If you guys are still looking for tungsten guide rods I found this place that is now selling them. Haven’t ordered one yet but thought I would share. 
https://www.w74guiderods.com/store/product/cz-p10-f-guide-rod

 
  •  

 

I emailed him. Apparently he is using Wolff Colt commander length springs at 15lb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, redliner140 said:

Hey guys, I’m ready to buy a p10F for 3 gun open class and trying to decide weather to go with the standard version or the Optics ready. Can the SRO/Holosun be mounted lower if I buy the standard version and send it off to get milled? Thanks 

Yes, it will be a bit lower with having it milled for the optic rather than a mounting plate. I think about 1/8" or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 10:24 PM, earlan357 said:

The CGW SS rod weighs 0.7oz.
The Jentra .275" Heavy weighs 2.0oz after it's cut to length.

Earlan, There are two Jentra Tungsten guide rods listed on NDZ Performance for G17, G17L and G34s.  I have the longer one, Jen-JTGR-1, that extends to the end of my G34. It runs past my p-10F muzzle .5 inch, as you say.  The Jen-JTGR-2 is shorter, but by how much I don't know. 

 

 Do you know if the JTGR-2 is long enough to work on the P-10F?  I don't care if it is not perfectly flush. I'd sacrifice a little weight to not have to cut down the JTGR-1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2020 at 10:17 PM, fastlane604 said:

Earlan, There are two Jentra Tungsten guide rods listed on NDZ Performance for G17, G17L and G34s.  I have the longer one, Jen-JTGR-1, that extends to the end of my G34. It runs past my p-10F muzzle .5 inch, as you say.  The Jen-JTGR-2 is shorter, but by how much I don't know. 

 

 Do you know if the JTGR-2 is long enough to work on the P-10F?  I don't care if it is not perfectly flush. I'd sacrifice a little weight to not have to cut down the JTGR-1.


A G17 length guide rod is long enough.  The P10F shares nearly the same amount of travel and free space for the spring as the P10C, so G17 springs will bind and reduce rear travel.  A Wolff or Springco roundwire spring for a G19 works with the .275" diameter rod and won't coil bind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, earlan357 said:


A G17 length guide rod is long enough.  The P10F shares nearly the same amount of travel and free space for the spring as the P10C, so G17 springs will bind and reduce rear travel.  A Wolff or Springco roundwire spring for a G19 works with the .275" diameter rod and won't coil bind.

Thank you, Earlan. I always appreciate your extensive knowledge and your willingness to share.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, earlan357 said:

The P10F shares nearly the same amount of travel and free space for the spring as the P10C, so G17 springs will bind and reduce rear travel. 

 

I'm not sure why you keep saying this.  Flat wire G17 springs offer more than enough travel for the slide to hit its mechanical stop.

 

I use a 13 lb ISMI Glock 17 flat wire spring on the OEM guide rod with perfect function and have measured that the slide stops back in exactly the same place it does with the OEM spring.

 

If you're talking about round wire Glock springs, then say so specifically.

Edited by SGT_Schultz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

It was asked earlier in this thread but I haven't seen a response, has anyone played with the overwatch precision triggers yet?  Not necessarily looking for a super light trigger, just wanting something that I'm not going to have to deal with any spring issues and it's tempting in the way it's advertised.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...