Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my first ICORE match today. It was a blast, but I got spanked...

pretty badly :)

I started shooting USPSA (we used to call it ip-sic) back in the late 80', but haven't shot much pistol since the mid 90's. I shot an IDPA match on Saturday, and came in 25th out of 47, so I was happy about that.

Today with my new revo (627) that my master gunsmith buddy (Grey Lightening) built me, it didn't go as well 

On stage 2 I came in 18 out of 29. On stage 3 I came in 19 out of 29. Since it was my first time shooting a revo in a tournament I was happy with those scores. Unfortunately there was also a stage 1 and a stage 4 :)

On 1, Easier As You Go, I came in 27th, and on stage 4 there was a Texas Star. It kicked my butt. Again, 27th. But I'm hooked, from now on its revo or no go.

Edited by ysrracer

I've shot a few polish plate racks.  It really rewards those that can rip it before the counterweights slide off and weeeeee.  That isn't me at this moment...

The IRC had 4 texas stars, 3 from behind cover and the 4th in front, but one handed.  Wasn't pretty.

Still have nightmares about it so I bought one but still have to get it put together.  However it needs to be shrouded so nobody could possibly get hurt-ever. Yes we have dumb rules up here.  That's a job for next week.

Death star

There are a lot of different and fun targets to shoot at in matches. That's one reason that I like to go to different clubs and try targets that I haven't had a chance to try yet. And they all can be shot with a wheelgun, it just might be a bit harder but we came to shoot didn't we?

Shooting ICORE, or IDPA, for a USPSA shooter requires a bit of control on our governor!  It's a lot harder to make up a second than a point.

The issue may be slowing down to get hits vs not.  It can screw up your rhythym.

Kind of like shooting a USPSA COF with only the A box strip available.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, pskys2 said:

Shooting ICORE, or IDPA, for a USPSA shooter requires a bit of control on our governor!  It's a lot harder to make up a second than a point.

The issue may be slowing down to get hits vs not.  It can screw up your rhythym.

Kind of like shooting a USPSA COF with only the A box strip available.

I agree with your last statement . . .