Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building My First Glock, Looking for Advice

Tophernj

2 hours ago, Novagunner said:

Red Hill is also a good choice. I've never had him make one for a pistol with comp though.

I'm not 100% on a comp and honestly may forgo it for the time being.  We'll see.  

I just wish that the holster makers would put pics of all their attachment devices in one spot on their site.  Or pics in any form.  

so much really depends on what division you want to run.

With a 19 (doable although not ideal), I would run production and just do sights, grip tape or stipple, minus connector and a red hill holster or even just a basic blade tech and have fun. Or put a red dot on it and shoot Carry Optics. Doing more than that and you are at a serious disadvantage in the other divisions.

9 hours ago, Novagunner said:

so much really depends on what division you want to run.

With a 19 (doable although not ideal), I would run production and just do sights, grip tape or stipple, minus connector and a red hill holster or even just a basic blade tech and have fun. Or put a red dot on it and shoot Carry Optics. Doing more than that and you are at a serious disadvantage in the other divisions.

I'm building a "run what ya brung" local club match gun that doesn't have many divisions.  It's a casual night of shooting guns at speed.  Safely, of course.  Hence my getting a little silly with it.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, Novagunner said:

Red Hill is also a good choice. I've never had him make one for a pistol with comp though.

I spoke to Lindsay at RHT this morning.  I've decided to run a comp and they don't make a holster for the 19 that will accomodate a comp without taking a dremel or heat gun to it.  Honestly, I'm kind of bummed.  I guess I'll have to look around to see what I can find.  

I ordered a Carver 2 port for the pistol.  I figured that I have the threaded barrel, I may as well put it to use.  We'll see how it goes.  

1 hour ago, Tophernj said:

I spoke to Lindsay at RHT this morning.  I've decided to run a comp and they don't make a holster for the 19 that will accomodate a comp without taking a dremel or heat gun to it.  Honestly, I'm kind of bummed.  I guess I'll have to look around to see what I can find.  

I ordered a Carver 2 port for the pistol.  I figured that I have the threaded barrel, I may as well put it to use.  We'll see how it goes.  

RHT refused to make me a holster for my gun, so I went to lytton custom holsters. Justin built me exactly what I wanted and its fantastic. Check him out.

1 hour ago, Jamese35 said:

RHT refused to make me a holster for my gun, so I went to lytton custom holsters. Justin built me exactly what I wanted and its fantastic. Check him out.

I just took a look.  They look fantastic.  I'm just not sure I'm into spending that much right at the moment but I will keep them in mind for sure.  

3 hours ago, Tophernj said:

I just took a look.  They look fantastic.  I'm just not sure I'm into spending that much right at the moment but I will keep them in mind for sure.  

Yup not cheap, but his craftsmanship is worth it. You know what they say buy once, cry once. All I can say is I love my LCH.

My external parts are all in and on the gun.  Just waiting on a metal guide rod and springs for the pistol.  After that she should be done other than milling for a MRDS.  I'm hoping to do that in the next few weeks.  

I shot it the other day without the comp.  It shoots really well.  My handgun technique really sucks right now.  Hoping to improve on it over the summer.  Matches start in the fall.  

Thanks to all that helped.  I really appreciate the advice and such.  

1 hour ago, Tophernj said:

Other than a dot, she's pretty complete.

Internally the trigger is all Apex.  NDZ ss guide rod and spring.  Zev striker spring.  

My Glock.jpeg

Great. Time for results. Show us 10 shots at 10 yards. 

While I wait for the mount for my MRDS, I figured I'd make her all mine... 

I had the time to try my hand at stippling.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I'm sure there are some tips and tricks that I could have employed, but for the money and time spent, it works for me.  

Glock stipple.jpeg

2 hours ago, TeamCarverCustom said:

Looking good. If you need any suggestions for loads for your setup m, feel free to ask. I have loaded and tested many different loads from 135pf to 176pf. Are you shooting 9 major?

I’ll just be running regular old 9. I’m not a serious competitor and don’t care about the higher points awarded to Major shooters. 

Thank you for the offer to help with loadings . I appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, TeamCarverCustom said:

No problem!

Don’t say “no problem”!!

It’s so trendy and up to date, but it reflects a cultural shift. Think about this. 

I do you a favor and you say thanks.

I say “you’re welcome” meaning I was pleased to do it for you.

I say “no problem” means the focus shifts to me, it was not a problem for me to do the favor.

See the subtle shift from blessing another to being more self-centered?

The other common and “modern” response “no worries” makes the distinction more apparent.

Please make it Carver Custom policy that all employees say “you’re welcome”. You guys do great work and often go out of your way to help customers, but keep the focus on the customer. 

Edited by Paul49

1 hour ago, Paul49 said:

Don’t say “no problem”!!

It’s so trendy and up to date, but it reflects a cultural shift. Think about this. 

I do you a favor and you say thanks.

I say “you’re welcome” meaning I was pleased to do it for you.

I say “no problem” means the focus shifts to me, it was not a problem for me to do the favor.

See the subtle shift from blessing another to being more self-centered?

The other common and “modern” response “no worries” makes the distinction more apparent.

Please make it Carver Custom policy that all employees say “you’re welcome”. You guys do great work and often go out of your way to help customers, but keep the focus on the customer. 

What? 🤔