Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shipping Bullets

RacerX1166

What's the consensus on the most economical way to ship bullets, these days?

When I did it, the USPS had just amended their 'if it fits, it ships' to include a weight limit, so looking for suggestions.

Thanks

What's the consensus on the most economical way to ship bullets, these days?

When I did it, the USPS had just amended their 'if it fits, it ships' to include a weight limit, so looking for suggestions.

Thanks
projectiles or fully made bullets???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

You have to really Over Pack them, though.

I shipped some bullets out, and got into trouble with the packaging.   :( 

Yep. I bag them and wrap several layers of tape around it. Put in box, label it and then double tape every inch of the box with heavy duty shipping tape.

11 hours ago, Sarge said:

I bag them and wrap several layers of tape around it. Put in box, label it and then double tape every inch of the box with heavy duty shipping tape.

Do all that   ^^^^    and then put them in a 2nd box, and tape it too.

19 hours ago, ExStreetWalker said:

If the mass of bullets have free movement in the box you're going to have problems.  They need to be packed in there so they can't shift around.

This^^  Even if you double box, if the bullets are too loose and move around they beat up the box pretty good. 

One of the best packaging jobs I've seen yet is from Brazos.  Bullets are vacuum sealed in a heavy duty bag and a layer of 1/2" thick foam material placed between each of the bags.  No movement and the fully loaded box (50-60 pounts) arrived fully intact.  Outside of box was taped also.

• 1 month later...

My mailman hates it when i order bullets, b/c I usually order 5-10K at a time.  About as much as I hate hauling them from the front door to the loading room I suspect lol.

USPS Flat Rate is the way to go, unless you happen to have some sort of shipper/freight account access.