Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2019 PCC rules

31 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Right or wrong, we used this rule to require weak shoulder PCC to also require weak hand.

It's right.

It's more clear in the appendix where the terms are defined:

Weak hand
The hand opposite the strong hand. For PCC, weak hand is the same as weak side. For PCC, both hands may be on the gun. NOTE: This applies to classifier requirements in all instances. Weak side PCC: Opposite of Strong Side. The carbine is mounted to the shoulder on the weak side of the body and trigger must be pulled with the weak hand. A shooter must utilize the same side of their body as the weak side for the duration of the match.

Weak side

PCC: Opposite of Strong Side. The carbine is mounted to the shoulder on the weak side of the body and trigger must be pulled with the weak hand. A shooter must utilize the same side of their body as the weak side for the duration of the match.

There's no definition in the rules for "weak shoulder".  That's the problem with the WSB....

Bruce

Well, imo, you don't need a definition for weak shoulder.  "mounted to the shoulder on the weak side of the body". Unless someones body has more than one shoulder on one side of their body no further explanation is needed. Plain ole common sense tells me that.

13 hours ago, egd5 said:

Well, imo, you don't need a definition for weak shoulder. 

I agree.  I guess I should have been more clear.  I'm not advocating that we add a definition for weak shoulder, I'm recommending we take that (undefined) term out of the WSB.  The situation is adequately covered by the existing definitions of "weak side" and "weak hand", and the WSB should be corrected to use one of the existing terms. "weak shoulder" isn't a thing.

The question about which hand to use is also adequately covered - if "weak side" is specified, the stock has to be on the weak shoulder and the trigger has to be pulled with the weak hand.

$.02
Bruce