Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2019 PCC rules

What is the rule on weak side strong side PCC,

Stage brief said first array free style, second array weak hand "shoulder" one string.

First PCC shooter did not go weak shoulder on the second array.

Discussion followed. No one had a way to check it at the time.

1.1.5.3 Standard Exercises and Classifiers may specify shooting with the strong hand or weak hand unsupported for handgun divisions and strong or weak side for PCC. The specified hand must be used exclusively from the point stipulated for the remainder of the string or stage. Stage procedures may never require the PCC to be fired using only one hand.

From the Glossary:

Weak side

PCC: Opposite of Strong Side. The carbine is mounted to the shoulder on the weak side of the body and trigger must be pulled with the weak hand. A shooter must utilize the same side of their body as the weak side for the duration of the match.

Just shot CM 03-11 El Strong & Weak Pres last club match.

Written Stage Briefing for PCC only specifies for string 2 "weak shoulder only ".

Shot it from weak shoulder and used strong hand to pull trigger.

No mention of weak hand to pull trigger so not required. 

Edited by JZELEK
6 minutes ago, RAINY0DAYS said:

For a weak side string, you can start on your weak side right? An RO last year made me transition from right to left hand on a classifier and pretty sure that wasn't right.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Correct

10 minutes ago, JZELEK said:

Just shot CM 03-11 El Strong & Weak Pres last match.'

Written Stage Briefing for PCC only specifies for string 2 "weak shoulder only ".

Shot it from weak shoulder and used strong hand to pull trigger.

No mention of weak hand to pull trigger so not required. 

Pretty sure on classifiers all mentions of weak side, weak hand and weak shoulder all require PCC to be fired with weak finger. 

The glossary says weak hand is same as weakside and special note: this applies to classifiers in all instances. 

Edited by HoMiE
7 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

8.2.4.1 A course of fire must never require a competitor to start with the carbine held on the weak side, and stage briefings may never require the PCC to be fired using only one hand.

Can’t require to start on weakside but you can if you want to. 

4 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Pretty sure on classifiers all mentions of weak side, weak hand and weak shoulder all require PCC to be fired with weak finger. 

The glossary says weak hand is same as weakside and special note: this applies to classifiers in all instances. 

This is correct. 

Did this when I shot Baseball Standards during last month’s match. 

On 4/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, HoMiE said:

CM 03-11 El Strong & Weak Pres written description for PCC specifically says "weak shoulder only ".

No mention of "weak hand only" so RO's didn't enforce it.

USPSA needs to correct this classifiers course description if it does indeed contradict the new rules. 

I wonder if that's an old (?) version of the classifier diagram?

The diagram on the USPSA site for 03-11 clearly says "strong hand only" and "weak hand only", which is consistent with the terms defined in the Rulebook appendix....

EDITED to add - the procedure on the diagram is correct.  The procedure in the WSB (on the next page) is not consistent.  I'll pass it along.

Bruce

746451434_cm03-11.thumb.JPG.6e78408cd6989b0f04a8b24aa040de5e.JPG

Edited by bgary
On 4/13/2019 at 9:00 PM, bgary said:

I wonder if that's an old (?) version of the classifier diagram?

The diagram on the USPSA site for 03-11 clearly says "strong hand only" and "weak hand only", which is consistent with the terms defined in the Rulebook appendix....

EDITED to add - the procedure on the diagram is correct.  The procedure in the WSB (on the next page) is not consistent.  I'll pass it along.

Bruce

746451434_cm03-11.thumb.JPG.6e78408cd6989b0f04a8b24aa040de5e.JPG

This is exactly the wording contained in the 2016 Classifier Manual.  I doubt it was changed in 2018 and then changed back later. 

Yeah... the stage procedure in the diagram is correct (and has been the entire time PCC has existed, as far as I can tell).

It's the WSB on the second page that is the issue.  The WSB says "strong shoulder" and "weak shoulder"... terms that are not defined in the rules at all.

I've raised it with DNROI and he says he's going to fix it. 

Bruce

1.1.5.3 Standard Exercises and Classifiers may specify shooting with the strong hand or weak hand unsupported for handgun divisions and strong or weak side for PCC. The specified hand must be used exclusively from the point stipulated for the remainder of the string or stage. Stage procedures may never require the PCC to be fired using only one hand.

Right or wrong, we used this rule to require weak shoulder PCC to also require weak hand.