Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI - Poly Coated Bullets

Nic_USPSA_C

I shoot both and don't have any issues in sw22 victory or my 10/22.   The patriot pack is probably the most common ammo I see these days amongst steel challenge and steel plate shooters.  

I've shot clean sub-sonic and high velocity without issue.   I do still find the cci standard velocity just a tad bit tighter groups.

I just bought a case to try.  I love AR Tactical, but I hate cleaning lead out of the comp.  I've watched other shooter use them without problems, so I thought I'd give them a try.  If I don't like them, I'll use them up in practice.

• 1 month later...

Well, I tried some.  I bought a case of the Patriotic colored rounds.  The good news is the poly coating works and keeps the barrel and comp cleaner than using lead or copper washed.  The bad news is a lot of them don't go bang.  Cocking the hammer a firing again doesn't help.  Neither does rotating the round so the firing pin hits a different spot.  There just is no priming compound in these rounds.  They are also quite dirty.  In less than 100 rounds the chamber, frame and slide rails are  so dirty you get feeding and extraction problems.   They are nowhere near as accurate as CCI Standard or AR Tactical.  They work better in my Buckmark, but the FtF issue means I cannot use them in a match.  I'm going back to AR Tactical.