Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Name your Metal Grip!

j33716

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chris Keen said:

Yeah there's been no change to the EVOs since their inception. 

Then why does each batch of grips I have over the years have slight change to the pattern on the grip. Small changes have been made. Its become much more clean over the years. All positive changes, but changes none the less.

Funny how all of the magwell and steel grip manufacturers are coming out with ways to overcome the metal grip situation of mags getting stuck.

I remember getting flamed a year or two ago by people in this same topic on Facebook for saying the only way around mag sticking is to dremel your grip. Even Phoenix Trinity’s Tiffany hopped in on the trashing. Now they have a proprietary magwell to overcome the “problem” that didn’t exist? 

Edited by Shmella

There have not been any changes to the EVO design. Internally or externally. We did notice a while back that Dawson made some changes to their magwells that caused interference when fitting. We were using them on Honchos up until this change. So we developed our own to save time on builds. Our grips and magwells are not and never will be proprietary. We prefer to give our customers options. As there are a few available from other manufacturers. Our magwells will be available for individual sale in the near future.  - Tiffany (the supposed trasher)

54 minutes ago, MVPFc said:

There have not been any changes to the EVO design. Internally or externally. We did notice a while back that Dawson made some changes to their magwells that caused interference when fitting. We were using them on Honchos up until this change. So we developed our own to save time on builds. Our grips and magwells are not and never will be proprietary. We prefer to give our customers options. As there are a few available from other manufacturers. Our magwells will be available for individual sale in the near future.  - Tiffany (the supposed trasher)

Ok so I worded it wrong. Not proprietary. 

Mags easily stick in your grips without a funnel style magwell. Some other grip manufacturers don’t, don’t which I pointed out. That was an issue that a lot of people had. I linked a post from here that showed ppl wallowing out their grips to overcome the issue. The pt fan boys trashed me for it. And said it was a non issue. You actually said. 

“if anyone goes full retard on an evo grip we won’t warranty it”  

aka you jumped in on the fun. 

I bet the guys who said it was a non issue own your magwel that corrects it now. Funny 

So the magwells that you will be selling correct an issue that allegedly, according to pt sponsored shooters, doesn’t exist.... I even said at the time I was only pointing it out to suggest looking at the issue and find a way to contour it better or something. 

The only “issue” our magwell corrects is having to do extra work to fit to our grip. I’m not sure why you’re so bent out of shape about this. I do stand by my opinion that an incorrect reload causes mags to jam, not the grip. You obviously disagree. That’s ok. People are allowed to disagree. It’s free will. If you feel so strongly about it I encourage you to develop a metal grip and magwell that you feel does a better job.

I just think it is funny that you and the Facebook possie was quick to call me stupid for suggesting it could possibly be the grip to blame then a year later develop and sell a magwell that corrects this non issue. Ironic. 

13 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

More than one person has been flamed on FB for pointing out mags getting stuck in the grips. I always thought the best approach would of been to try to find a work around to make the product even better. Instead you were more likely to be told you sucked a reloading.

That’s exactly my experience. I thought I was helping by pointing it out. Instead I was fed to the wolves. Now there are magwells to work around it. 

5 minutes ago, Shmella said:

That’s exactly my experience. I thought I was helping by pointing it out. Instead I was fed to the wolves. Now there are magwells to work around it. 

I think it's great that someone finally listened and thought outside the box to come up with a solution.

4 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I think it's great that someone finally listened and thought outside the box to come up with a solution.

Yes, and Limcat is the one to credit for this. :) 

36 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

More than one person has been flamed on FB for pointing out mags getting stuck in the grips. I always thought the best approach would of been to try to find a work around to make the product even better. Instead you were more likely to be told you sucked a reloading.

Exactly.  Luckily, Limcat has fixed it as mentioned above.