Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Name your Metal Grip!

j33716

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad news is that it will take [mention=18759]B_Seehawer[/mention] about 20 minutes to make them look like they were tossed out of a truck at 75 mph...

As much as I actually shoot and never practice, they’ll be pristine forever!!

On 4/12/2019 at 10:49 PM, B_Seehawer said:

A pair of these gorgeous polished Evos are currently in the capable hands of Don at Venom Customs.

fcbe78249af7086ac65c31b0965b4e9a.jpg

These should really light up the inside of your safe while they sit there...  forever... because your wife never lets you shoot.  

PT Evo is what I have an all my Limcat guns with the exception of one Open gun as it has not been sent in yet. Even my new Open build almost complete will have one. They just fit me.

The protrusion on the right side of the PT Evo from the magazine release really bothers my middle finger when I grip it.

That area is concave and rounded very nicely on the SVI Signature grip. The tear drop magazine release on the SVI also works for me perfectly - long enough to not have to shift my grip, and flat enough to not drop mags.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:07 PM, Shadyscott999 said:

These should really light up the inside of your safe while they sit there...  forever... because your wife never lets you shoot.  

DDDAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNNNN

1 hour ago, UpYoursPal said:

Dumb question: Does the regular Dawson ICE magwell fit the PT steel grip?

Not a dumb question at all. I have had three PT grips on three guns. On one, my three different vintages of Dawson Ice magwells fit. The other two newer PT grips wouldn’t fit or accept any of my various magwells (SVI, STI, Dawson Ice, Taran Tactical, EGW). I ended up switching to two Cheely Grips and love them. Not knocking the PT EVO, it’s just not for me. YMMV

15 minutes ago, cheers623 said:

Not a dumb question at all. I have had three PT grips on three guns. On one, my three different vintages of Dawson Ice magwells fit. The other two newer PT grips wouldn’t fit or accept any of my various magwells (SVI, STI, Dawson Ice, Taran Tactical, EGW). I ended up switching to two Cheely Grips and love them. Not knocking the PT EVO, it’s just not for me. YMMV

Thanks.  I have the older PT grip so there might be some hope there.

13 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

I’ve had 6 PT grips, 3 Classics and 3 Evos. I’ve never had to modify a magwell or grip when I used Dawsons.

Newer Evos you need to modify the Dawson. Ask @donnyglock, He had to do it for both of the Evos I got in late 2018.