Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Bmans45

Nickel Brass

On 5/30/2019 at 8:02 AM, Jollymon32 said:

I specifically mark nickel as “match” ammo.  I load all my ammo the same way, “match” ammo signifies cases that I want to get rid off, i.e. cases I want to loose.

Too many split cases in nickel compared to brass.

BTW, I also mark as “match” ammo brass cases I have reloaded more than 4 or 5 times - I recycle my brass from my practice sessions and store these cases apart from the rest of my brass inventory.  So.......if you pick up brass at matches I shoot, you are picking up well worn brass....also the reason I don’t pick up brass at matches....

seems a little backwards to me,,, I practice with my old range stuff and Wolff primers,, my match brass is usually once fired and I have inspected and chronoed a sampling before it goes in the match kit. Seems I want best I can make for matches.

14 hours ago, Joe4d said:

seems a little backwards to me,,, I practice with my old range stuff and Wolff primers,, my match brass is usually once fired and I have inspected and chronoed a sampling before it goes in the match kit. Seems I want best I can make for matches.

Like I said, I load all rounds identical.  Regardless of match or practice, they all get case gauged to catch any split or damaged cases.  The load has been chronographed with the same Bullets, powder, and primers.

With over 60k rounds loaded and zero case based malfunctions, I can vouch for uniformity.  No need to loose good cases at a match....