Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

hello from northern Europe

Bonfa

Hello, I am not a new shooter, but new to practical shooting.

I started in October last year, by joining an active club shooting IPSC. I so far shot about 30 matches, mostly level 1, some level 2 and one level 3 in Production, getting DQ three times (finger on trigger), winning a stage once in a club match, and generally ending up in a 50-60% overall division position. Most importantly: having great fun and enjoying the company! After reading a lot of posts on this forum, it is now time to post something, so here we go! DVC all!

Dang; thirty matches, three DQs, and a stage win in six months over winter.  You've been busy!

Well done.  Better intro that most of the American noobs that come here say "hi I've been shooting for 20 years and want to try IPSC" then never do s#!t.....

PS when an American says "I've been shooting for X years" most of the time that means "I've had a bunch of guns for X years and I've shot maybe 100 rounds through all of them combined".

Edited by elguapo

9 minutes ago, Kema said:

Omg, In what country you have that many matches during wintertime? I will move there :D

Probably some indoor action going on

I'm done with outdoors pistol shooting when it's below 4° C / 40° F

Edited by elguapo

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

PS when an American says "I've been shooting for X years" most of the time that means "I've had a bunch of guns for X years and I've shot maybe 100 rounds through all of them combined".

Well, in Europe gun ownership is tightly regulated, so if and once you get a gun after much red tape, then you'll probably be more motivated to use it :)

22 minutes ago, Bonfa said:

Well, in Europe gun ownership is tightly regulated, so if and once you get a gun after much red tape, then you'll probably be more motivated to use it :)

I know, and that's why most American gun owners aren't really any good at shooting.  We can buy as many guns as we want, as often as we want, and for no reason other than we want them.  So here there's really not much incentive, other than self motivation, to train or compete with them.

Edited by elguapo

• 1 month later...