Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 2.0 .40 to 9mm Conversion

BelRiose

I've recently switched from a 5" .40 S&W M2.0 to a 2011 for USPSA Limited, and am thinking about converting my M2.0 to 9mm for 3Gun.

I'm curious what aftermarket .40 to 9mm conversion barrels work well with the M2.0, and how much (if any) gunsmith fitting is generally required. Additionally, do the conversion barrels work with aftermarket triggers? I've got an Apex FSS in mine.

15 hours ago, S&W686 said:

KKM barrels of barrels worked well for me.  No fitting required.

Thanks, I hadn't checked them out before, and I definitely prefer a drop-in if I can get it without having accuracy issues.

Anybody else out there had luck with KKM or any other brands?

@BelRiose drop in KKM and Stormlake Barrels are amazing and drop in with great accuracy results, but if you plan on using this for 3 Gun I would suggest a whole knew upper designated 9mm slide and barrel. The 40 cal beach face to me would not be reliable enough to compete in.

If you are just doing it for fun then go for it but if you want to be competitive then I suggest a 9mm slide just for reliability reasons. Hate to see you at a match and have an issue that could be avoided.

As far as the 2011 that's what most people are using for 3 Gun anyways. Why dont you sell your M&P and get a new 9mm upper fitted to your slide.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, JayTac556 said:

@BelRiose drop in KKM and Stormlake Barrels are amazing and drop in with great accuracy results, but if you plan on using this for 3 Gun I would suggest a whole knew upper designated 9mm slide and barrel. The 40 cal beach face to me would not be reliable enough to compete in.

If you are just doing it for fun then go for it but if you want to be competitive then I suggest a 9mm slide just for reliability reasons. Hate to see you at a match and have an issue that could be avoided.

As far as the 2011 that's what most people are using for 3 Gun anyways. Why dont you sell your M&P and get a new 9mm upper fitted to your slide.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's good info, and a big part of what I was curious about.

I'll probably get a 2011 in 9mm or a 9mm upper eventually, but there's list of things ahead of that, unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, BelRiose said:

That's good info, and a big part of what I was curious about.

I'll probably get a 2011 in 9mm or a 9mm upper eventually, but there's list of things ahead of that, unfortunately.

My brother had a 40 M&P slide and put in a 9mm barrel and it works great, for RANGE time only. He has a few hiccups here and there but does run nicely. I gave him a few of my 9mm mags so he wasnt using his 40 which people say you can do (they arent wrong, but they are not right either) 

It's all about reliability for competition. Good luck 

• 5 months later...

question and favor to ask. 

ive bought a well-priced m&p m2.0 compact in .40 S&W. Ive read through this and a few other threads and it seems several have had success firing M&P barrels in the M2.0 compact. Lots of unknowns to me. for M&Ps is there barrel difference in 4.25" and 5" between stock model, the Pro and the Core? Likewise for whatever M2.0 models?

my goal is to put in a barrel in my M2.0 compact (have not received yet) to convert from .40S&W to 9mm. I expect if I swap the extractor and maybe the ejector, it might work well. I swapped the barrel and extractor on a glock 23 and it ran so well for years, minus point of aim, I'd feel comfortable carrying.

I need a favor. Data is needed and may be useful. Anyone with the following models, please slap a caliper/gauge on the following dimensions;

1) the height of the chamber area, if tapered, the rearmost and forwardmost height;

2) the thickness of the chamber area, measure taper if present;

3) diameter of the barrel just past chamber;

4) diameter of barrel where it meets the frame and begins to protrude;

5) height of cam from base of chamber;

6) height of short cam the mates with locking block from base of chamber;

7) start of cam from base of ramp. dont measure ramp, start at chamber;

8 ) End of cam from ramp. do not measure ramp. start at base of chamber.

ask if my description is vague. We can collectively decide the best way to measure consistently if its nebulous.

Models, specify 9mm NATO or.40S&W, also mention what barrel; stock, kkm 1:18", etc)

M&P full size 4.25 barrel

M&P full size 5" barrel

M&P Pro 4.25" barrel

M&P Pro 5" barrrel

M&P Core 4.25" barrel

M&P Core 5" barrel

M&P M2.0 4" barrel

M&P M2.0 5" barrel

M&P M2.0 Compact 4" barrel

Forgive me if the models are inaccurate or nonexistent. I think its clear. 

Ill measure my M2.0 Compact with 4" barrel in .40S&W when I receive.

Also, I might be a little slow to post. Got a health issue at the moment that tends to knock me out unexpectedly a few times a week.

Ask if the specified measurements are not descriptive, confusing, I forgot something, etc. Feel free to add any measurements. No worries if no data. I'll post mine all the same.

Matt

Edited by mstacker

• 10 months later...