Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 Carry Optic build

Czgunsalot

Decided to give CO a go.  I found this S2 a local guy was selling for a killer deal, couldn’t pass it up.

Just got the slide back from primary machine.

(more pictures to come). Guys over at primary machine did a amazing job as always and the weight they took off is first of its kind. 

43.8oz stock internals and optic.

Whats next:

1)CGW trigger kit w/recoil spring kit

2)lok grips palm swells

3)Henning bass pads with gram followers

4)spare ddp 

D65899F7-B2E5-44E4-8093-7600E031B022.jpeg

30 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Love the slide work.  Is it milled specifically for the DPP or will you be able to change the red dot?

It’s milled specifically for the DPP.  Not sure if they’ll offer other optics, you’ll have to reach out to them.

2 hours ago, MPrimo said:

Really nice ... That is exactly what I am planning for mine.  

6 hours ago, philippshen said:

very nice build, congrats!   

Thanks!

cant wait to get it out to the range and see how the lighten slide feels.  It’ll most likely going to be  snappier.

2 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

Thanks!

cant wait to get it out to the range and see how the lighten slide feels.  It’ll most likely going to be  snappier.

Doesn't feel a whole lot different at all to be honest. I'd definitely break out with the recoil springs and tune to your liking though. 

8 hours ago, Czgunsalot said:

It’s milled specifically for the DPP.  Not sure if they’ll offer other optics, you’ll have to reach out to them. 

I actually had mine done by CZC, but yours definitely looks slick!

Nicely done by Primary. I didn't find out about it in time before having someone else do it. Looks more elaborate and more weight-reduced comparing with what I have done on my slides. The 43.8 weight actually might be a tight squeeze since the pic is with a regular poly base pad. +5 base pads are usually about 1 oz so you might be just 10 grams or so under the weight limit. I'd consider a polymer guide rod and some attention to grip's selection.

11 minutes ago, YVK said:

Nicely done by Primary. I didn't find out about it in time before having someone else do it. Looks more elaborate and more weight-reduced comparing with what I have done on my slides. The 43.8 weight actually might be a tight squeeze since the pic is with a regular poly base pad. +5 base pads are usually about 1 oz so you might be just 10 grams or so under the weight limit. I'd consider a polymer guide rod and some attention to grip's selection.

Already have a set of lok light weight grips.

1 hour ago, YVK said:

Customer sent us a pic of his S2 on a scale we did. Exact same as OP's but with Henning base pad and LOK light weight grips - 44.1oz. Plenty plenty weight to spare.

Nice!! I had CZC do mine and I recently switched my slide back to the stock one and I was a little surprised at how much softer shooting my stock slide felt on there.

Lightening it up definitely added a little kick to the recoil that I had not really noticed until going back to the heavier slide.

My milled slide is totally tuned for my reloads now though and I can't imagine ever going back to shooting production

I've gotten so used to using an optic that I'm thinking about having my carry EDC M&P 9C 1.0 milled so I can throw on a Shield mini sight 4MOA that I have

sitting around.

6 minutes ago, kmanick said:

Nice!! I had CZC do mine and I recently switched my slide back to the stock one and I was a little surprised at how much softer shooting my stock slide felt on there.

Lightening it up definitely added a little kick to the recoil that I had not really noticed until going back to the heavier slide.

My milled slide is totally tuned for my reloads now though and I can't imagine ever going back to shooting production

I've gotten so used to using an optic that I'm thinking about having my carry EDC M&P 9C 1.0 milled so I can throw on a Shield mini sight 4MOA that I have

sitting around.

Yeah I have noticed that, I’ve had multiple slides cut.  Definitely tracking faster.  

So what’s your load spec? And what springs are you running

I love the lok palm swell grips in checkered pattern and you can order a lightweight version that is milled  out on the inside.

henning plus five pads are the lightest plus 5 that I have found.  I ordered the cajun gun works gun Smith fit  disco. It took a lot more time but the trigger was better than the drop and disconnect.

5 minutes ago, jeremy kemlo said:

I love the lok palm swell grips in checkered pattern and you can order a lightweight version that is milled  out on the inside.

henning plus five pads are the lightest plus 5 that I have found.  I ordered the cajun gun works gun Smith fit  disco. It took a lot more time but the trigger was better than the drop and disconnect.

I got the boogies light weight palm swells.

ive installed a cgw kit in a P07 but never in a shadow.  I’ve been watching and reading on polishing certain areas.  I’m a little Nervous but can’t  be that hard 

Was able to hit the indoor range tonight.

Ran 300 rd no issues.

I was surprised the dot was pretty much zeroed from the jump.

Definitely like the DPP window compared to rmr.

-100 rds of fenix 147gr the slide was ridiculously soft.

-200 rds of American Eagle 147gr it was a little  snappier.  But it felt the same with a stock s2 slide. So I’m thinking AE 147gr  run hot.

So far I’m pretty happy with how the gun is running. 

Was able to mod a mnp falkor base pad to fit the s2 mag.

5BCC300B-24AB-4550-9A75-7D679E08ECCE.jpeg