Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Fingi

Geissele SD 3G on GMR 15

Anyone running em on their GMRs? Looking fot something a tad lighter than the stock trigger.

I was reccomended JPs own armageddon trigger kit but since ive had good experiences with geissele thought about giving their lightest one a try...

Your thoughts?

Mine did not work on a GMR-13.

Did not reset.

Posted (edited)

I spoke with Geissele’s customer service about the sd-3g in a pcc. They do not recommend it

Edited by Bwillis

26 minutes ago, Bwillis said:

I spoke with Geissele’s customer service about the sd-3g in a pcc. They do not recommend it

Um....a Smith and Wesson 15/22 is NOT a PCC.  Its a a .22.  I run a Hyperfire in my PCC. 

And Im not sure why my post from TWO YEARS AGO is relevant here nor regarding your statement, which is exactly what I was explaining TWO YEARS AGO.  So, like, thanks for the info.....TWO YEARS too late.  Can you say RANDOM?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Hammer002 said:

Um....a Smith and Wesson 15/22 is NOT a PCC.  Its a a .22.  I run a Hyperfire in my PCC. 

And Im not sure why my post from TWO YEARS AGO is relevant here nor regarding your statement, which is exactly what I was explaining TWO YEARS AGO.  So, like, thanks for the info.....TWO YEARS too late.  Can you say RANDOM?

Open the thread and read it talks about the sd3g in pcc. It might be two years to late for you, but information in the thread pertains to the question the op has. My statement is to the op of this thread nothing to do with you at all. 

Edited by Bwillis

I would just get a JP trigger. (That’s what I did), and I didn’t bother with the hype of the roller trigger, I just went with a curved trigger, same as what I’m used to in that gun. Keep it simple. The gun isn’t the main problem for most of us.

2 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

The gun isn’t the main problem for most of us.

AMEN!!

5 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

I would just get a JP trigger. (That’s what I did), and I didn’t bother with the hype of the roller trigger, I just went with a curved trigger, same as what I’m used to in that gun. Keep it simple. The gun isn’t the main problem for most of us.

He's right ya know!!

Its back on the short list. Can i get it as light and short as the SD3G?

I'm running  a JP GMR-13 with their trigger.  Without any attempt to lighten the pull, its now about 2-1/4#.  I run a Geissele 2 stage in my "PRS" type AR and like it for that purpose.  Tried a 2 stage in the same gun when shooting 3 Gun and went back to JP.

2 hours ago, Fingi said:

Its back on the short list. Can i get it as light and short as the SD3G?

No. I think the SD3G is the best.

But it simply doesn’t work, so I settled for an Armageddon. 

Good trigger, works with all my uppers.

The folks at Geissele will balk about putting their trigger in anything but a standard AR-15. That said I have run an S3G for many years in a 15-22. I never could get their triggers to work in an AR-9 so I went with HiperFire for them and my MPX.

Is the hyperfire reliable on the GMR15. Im not ruling out the JP, just that i keep hearing more and more people using the hiperfire and ive never bothered with any of their offering.

I guess i live under the geissele and rock river ...rock. thats all ive tried for years. 

Seriously...if you think that changing to some magical trigger from something that is already really good is somehow going to vault you to superstardom, you are just plain wrong. It won’t make any difference. Having your gun take a $hit midway through a match, though..........that will definitely make a difference. Don’t eff with something that works. Making things “better” won’t matter for you, I can almost promise.

10 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Seriously...if you think that changing to some magical trigger from something that is already really good is somehow going to vault you to superstardom, you are just plain wrong. It won’t make any difference. Having your gun take a $hit midway through a match, though..........that will definitely make a difference. Don’t eff with something that works. Making things “better” won’t matter for you, I can almost promise.

Seriously i think you misread the original post.

Been playing other shooting games long enough to know no such thing exist but...

The stock trigger while good could be better. Pretty sure JP wouldn't sell their "Armageddon" if the stock one was perfect dont you think?

You’re also making an assumption that a “better” trigger will make you perform better, which most definitely is not a guarantee. I’m done here. Keep chasing your dreams. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

You’re also making an assumption that a “better” trigger will make you perform better, which most definitely is not a guarantee. I’m done here. Keep chasing your dreams. Good luck!

Hey its not an issue im trying to solve. Just something im looking at since i like short and light triggers.

Light does no necessary equates to better in this game but i like it. Same goes for my gas PRS type rigs.

Hell i have the shortest and lightest trigger AI makes on my AT

So if i find something reliable, light and short (in that order ) thats worth a look for me personally.

And on the keep chasing your dreams comment... step off. Its a game i play on weekends my friend.

Its funny tho how you tried to school me on the pitfalls of assuming gear will make you better, while at the same time assuming thats my goal here.🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

Try the 308 ar gold 

Edited by Bwillis

If you really like Geissele triggers,  I run a Geissele G2S in my PCC. I know it’s a 2 Stage but once you get a feel for the reset it’s fast, light, and has been 100% reliable. Geissele said it would work with the 9mm cut bolt. You can catch them on sale for around $100. 

I have a SD3G in my Taccom PCC and love it.

Zero issues after a couple thousand rounds.