Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to Glock, CO build what should I know/have?

nick779

Hello: My CO setup is a Glock Gen 2 17(no finger groves), KKM barrel, Holosun 507C, Brownells G17 slide with RMR cut, ISMI 13lb recoil spring, Tungsten captured guide rod, Lightening Strike firing pin, 4lb Wolff striker spring, lightened plunger spring, titanium plunger, Gen 3 extractor, Zev back plate, Glock - connector and my trigger setup. My G34 gen 3 is setup for Production and uses Zev trigger, and Zev striker with some of the same other parts. Both run 100%. Thanks, Eric

Some might disagree, but a lightened striker is almost mandatory with a lighter than stock striker spring.

I've used Lightning Strike (steel and Ti) and Zev with Win and CCI primers without light strikes.

My CO gun, a Gen 3 17, was primarily built for SCSA.  It has a Zev Dragonfly slide cut for the DPP.  The slide fully assembled with the DPP is 11 oz.  The slide is 8.5 oz stripped.

It was violent with my 130 PF, 125 gr load.  I switched to a tungsten guide rod from a steel one and cut a Seattle Slug down to make it legal.  This got the total weight up to 24.5 oz from 21.6.  My SCSA load is pleasant, 115 at 1000 fps. It's awesome.  I switched back to a 147 at 910 +/- for USPSA.  Both loads use a 11 lbs spring.