Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inexpensive Stand for BF

I was having a lot of problems with my BF going out of adjustment because of the movement of the case feeder. So I put together a inexpensive free standing mount for the BF. Mine is a 3D BF but you could adapt this to any BF. Total cost about $17.00 and it is easy and works great. I went to Lowes and got a piece of 36"  3/4" black pipe and a black 3/4"floor flang and 2 3/4" wide U bolts. On my BF, I just cut off one side of the mount that goes over the case feeder and put the U bolts through the other half. For a MBF you adapt a piece of wood the to mount the MBF to. JD

P1010304.JPG

P1010305.JPG

P1010309.JPG

P1010307.JPG

Edited by JDIllon

47 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

I was having a lot of problems with my BF going out of adjustment because of the movement of the case feeder. So I put together a inexpensive free standing mount for the BF. Mine is a 3D BF but you could adapt this to any BF. Total cost about $17.00 and it is easy and works great. I went to Lowes and got a piece of 36"  3/4" black pipe and a black 3/4"floor flang and 2 3/4" wide U bolts. On my BF, I just cut off one side of the mount that goes over the case feeder and put the U bolts through the other half. For a MBF you adapt a piece of wood the to mount the MBF to. JD

P1010304.JPG

P1010305.JPG

P1010309.JPG

P1010307.JPG

can you take a pix on how the BF is mounted to the cut out area ..

thanks 

The second picture is the back of the mount that I cut off, the U bolts go through it. Not sure what you mean? I will PM you my # if you want to call me. JD

P1010306.JPG

Edited by JDIllon

43 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

The second picture is the back of the mount that I cut off, the U bolts go through it. Not sure what you mean? I will PM you my # if you want to call me. JD

P1010306.JPG

perfect, just what I needed to see..what 3D printed BF do you have