Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Holsters

mattmd1

Hi all - hoping to get some input on a new holster for a CZ shadow 2 for uspsa, multigun and steel challenge. I have a DAA PDR pro 2 that I don't really like - someone at a recent match showed me his CR speed holster and I see online that they make one specifically for the Shadow 2. Anyone have one? Pros and cons? 

I also see a lot of people using RHT - so right now I'm thinking between an RHT with a retention strap and the CR. Trying to buy once, cry once if possible.

Thanks.

What division do you want to shoot in USPSA? The CR Speed holster will not be legal in USPSA Production, which is where the shadow 2 fits most naturally. 

I will second the RHT holster as well. I have one for my Production rig with the retention adjustment knobs and a drop offset (got this later but definitely worth getting it up front). The adjustment knobs are awesome because they let you loosen up for a smoother draw or crank down if you need to run with your pistol holstered. It's a $5 upgrade and well worth it. 

Thanks guys! Regor, a friend actually mentioned the same thing this morning, that the race holster isn't allowed in production. I'm doing production and limited right now. I was also thinking that maybe a Level 2 RHT would be a good choice - it looks like you can leave the retention strap down if desired, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the drop / offset input also.

If you plan on shooting both USPSA and 3 gun and want to use a holster that has a retention hood per USPSA rule 5.2.5.3 you would need to have the hood closed/applied prior to the standby command. Best option would be to have separate holsters for both USPSA and 3 gun if you wanted to have a level 2 for 3 gun. 

Also so check out long’s shadow holster company they make great holsters for the shadow 2.

https://www.lsholster.com/

Might want to read the equipment section and the Production appendix of the USPSA rulebook before you start buying stuff.  Honestly, asking people to tell you something that you could answer yourself in 10 min worth of reading turns people off from helping.

Edited by elguapo

Also, maybe RHT is the new hotness but there is seriously nothing wrong with your basic Comp-Tac or Blade Tech comp holsters.  I've had a Comp-Tac International on a BOSS hanger for about four years and have zero complaints.  The pistol stays in it till I grab it then it releases cleanly.  Not sure what else I would want from a holster.

Edited by elguapo

Thanks - I do have a Comp-tac International for a G19 that I like, but not for my Shadow. I think I will probably end up doing what Mveto suggested - I do want a level 2 for multigun, so will probably purchase one and continue checking out these and other suggestions for USPSA. As an aside, it doesn't look like Blade Tech of Comp Tac make level 2's for the Shadow.

1 hour ago, mattmd1 said:

it doesn't look like Blade Tech of Comp Tac make level 2's for the Shadow.

Probably because no one uses a competition pistol for police work and because multigun is an even smaller niche in what is already a small niche market.

I think your best bet is to buy two different holsters (one with no retention devices for USPSA) and use some sort of quick change system

Edited by elguapo