Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BoomFab Titanium Carrier needs Refinished

jrbet83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If the website is accurate, the "finish" is the result of the heat treating process, not something applied to the carrier.  Easy fix- you could rub it with a green 3M pad(~300 grit), with a dab of gun oil for lube, and produce a nice brushed finish, or go further, taking the finish down to the gray 3M pad (~600 grit), then using metal polish to produce a nice bright-polish.

I guess you could have a nitride finish applied, which should produce the gold coloration.  Any nitride finisher should be able to tell you if that's true, how much, etc..

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

It's an AR-15 bolt carrier made of titanium.  I had to look it up too.   

Apparently it's also been discontinued by the manufacturer who is also out of business so either its price or durability were show stoppers.

Not necessarily, a lot of businesses with excellent products at reasonable prices have gone out of business due to a variety of reasons, like under capitalization, poor inventory control, etc...

Nolan

13 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Nonsense, they were only like $550 and Keith Garcia claimed that instant match wins were mixed in with the special sauce.

Only when used in combo with the Halo Head Message.... er... Brain Wave Manipulator.... er "Priming" device.

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

Only when used in combo with the Halo Head Message.... er... Brain Wave Manipulator.... er "Priming" device.

No, it was Benell...err Bredas. Yeah that's the ticket now! 

There were a couple places that did coatings on gun parts but outside of H&M the majority have stopped. Max probably has the most experience with steel but as far as titanium you might need to do some heavy external research. 

16 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

So all I need is a $550 BCG and $400 magic headphones and I'll be unstoppable? Why didn't you tell me that a few years ago, I could've saved a lot of money.

• 4 weeks later...