Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to forum Current 1911 super owner

Panamaszr12

Thinking about getting a 2011 next. Currently recovering from triple low back fusion, and can’t shoot for 6 months to a year. So as a winter project I decided to upgrade my pt1911 ss to a 45 super, then had extra time so I replaced all the mim parts with either Wilson combat, or EGW, or Ed brown parts. Then I had to polish it, since I still had more time on my hands, lol. Now that I’m finished, I’m contemplating getting a 2011. So I’ve been doing lots of research, and haven’t decided on which way to go like to either build a custom one, or buy a used one. I really like the race guns, but am not sure if I’d ever be able to compete, but it would be fun to play with, and if I do build one it will give me lots to do since it looks like I’ll have lots more time. 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:30 PM, Panamaszr12 said:

Thinking about getting a 2011 next. Currently recovering from triple low back fusion, and can’t shoot for 6 months to a year. So as a winter project I decided to upgrade my pt1911 ss to a 45 super, then had extra time so I replaced all the mim parts with either Wilson combat, or EGW, or Ed brown parts. Then I had to polish it, since I still had more time on my hands, lol. Now that I’m finished, I’m contemplating getting a 2011. So I’ve been doing lots of research, and haven’t decided on which way to go like to either build a custom one, or buy a used one. I really like the race guns, but am not sure if I’d ever be able to compete, but it would be fun to play with, and if I do build one it will give me lots to do since it looks like I’ll have lots more time. 

Welcome! I am sure you will find all you need and more information on here. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...