Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Karl Bibb's 3D printed bullet feeder on a Super 1050

Where do you mount Karl Bibb's 3D printed bullet feeder on a Super 1050?  It's the same design as Ammo Mikes, and Karl has permission to sell them.  He just finished printing and assembling one for me, but I'm not sure what to do about the mount.  They are designed to be mounted on the front of the Dillon Casefeeder, but I thought that I read somewhere that the angle was wrong in front, and it needed to be mounted on the back side of the case feeder.  He said that I can put the mounting bracket on the other side of the collater, but the angle would be wrong.  He would have to print an new one with the right angle.  Before I have him do that I wanted to make sure.

Does anyone has a 1050 with a 3D printed bullet feeder?

• 2 weeks later...

I originally put it in back of the case feeder. I could not get it high enough in front, It worked much better in back. In the end I ended up making a separate mount out of 3/4in pipe,36in high and placed it behind the power tower. Works great and doesn’t viberate when operating the press. JD

Edited by JDIllon

Is it worth it to save a bit of money on this one, or just get the MBF? Does Karl’s BF come with necessary parts or do you have to get a separate die, drop tube, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get everything from Karl. It work and functions. The MBF is easier to adjust and more robust but honestly both work. 

I have one of each. I used the MBF dropper on both machines because honestly, there is not a better design.

Can anyone advice on setting up karl BF.. Can't seem to find the sweet spot on bullet slot adjuster.. Having to many upside down bullets coming through.. Any advice would greatly appreciate it. 

BTW... Using 40 Cal fmj bullets and BB

Edited by Furrly

On 4/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, Furrly said:

Can anyone advice on setting up karl BF.. Can't seem to find the sweet spot on bullet slot adjuster.. Having to many upside down bullets coming through.. Any advice would greatly appreciate it. 

BTW... Using 40 Cal fmj bullets and BB

I had problems and problems with upside down bullets... thought I'd tried everything... Finally, at the suggestion of someone on facebook, I changed the angle of the feeder...tilted it up by about 1/2" on the high side (raised it) and it went just about perfect after that.

6 minutes ago, rmantoo said:

I had problems and problems with upside down bullets... thought I'd tried everything... Finally, at the suggestion of someone on facebook, I changed the angle of the feeder...tilted it up by about 1/2" on the high side (raised it) and it went just about perfect after that.

How do you it mounted I have it on the casefeeder.. 650 

5 minutes ago, rmantoo said:

• 4 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 1:56 PM, rmantoo said:

Ahh finally! Thank you that did the trick!

6 hours ago, Face5535 said:

Are Karl and Ammo Mikes MBF the same design?  I’m on Karls page, but have not seen the ammo Mikes version...

From what I understand, Ammo Mike designed it and Karl has permission to sell it. I think Karl made some minor changes, but not positive. Also the one I saw from Karl didn’t use the MBF motor. But that could have been by request. 

• 2 weeks later...

I mounted mine in back per Karl's suggestion and it's nice, I just can't see it and I have to give the reach-around to access the control. But I'm having a problem with it dropping  like 3-5 bullets at a time. Karl recommended rigging up a return spring. Anyone run into this issue?

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:49 PM, woodrow said:

I mounted mine in back per Karl's suggestion and it's nice, I just can't see it and I have to give the reach-around to access the control. But I'm having a problem with it dropping  like 3-5 bullets at a time. Karl recommended rigging up a return spring. Anyone run into this issue?

Yes, I had the same problem, so I made a washer out of aluminum with a loop on one side for attaching a spring.  It works really well.  I got the springs at HomeDepot, and I used the smaller one.  I had to rig another solution for my .38 toolhead that I can show you if this doesn't work for you.

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

Edited by S&W627shooter

5 hours ago, S&W627shooter said:

Yes, I had the same problem, so I made a washer out of aluminum with a loop on one side for attaching a spring.  It works really well.  I got the springs at HomeDepot, and I used the smaller one.  I had to rig another solution for my .38 toolhead that I can show you if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks for posting your set up. I had visioned a similar solution, I just haven't had time to rig it up. What was different about the 38 toolhead that needed a different solution?

You can also use a heavy rubber band the same way. Buy going from the snap clip down under the tool head around the bottom of the depth die. It seems to work well for me. I just never seem to getting the time to rig up the spring set up.  JD