Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
taxil343

Cheely E2 Aggressive Grip

On 7/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, clw42 said:

The Limcat is steel and the Cheely is delrin.  Do you see the Delrin being a "problem" for lack of a better word?  Looked good on the FB video he posted.  Can you post any pics of the bottom?

I destroy Dawson inserts. I’d suspect the derlin insert on a convex design is a particularly bad idea.  Im curious to see how they hold up.  I have a limcat and love it. Have tried the akai steel one as well. It is heavier than limcat but doesn’t work as well. 

13 hours ago, tha1000 said:

I destroy Dawson inserts. I’d suspect the derlin insert on a convex design is a particularly bad idea.  Im curious to see how they hold up.  I have a limcat and love it. Have tried the akai steel one as well. It is heavier than limcat but doesn’t work as well. 

i think that is how it is designed to cause minimal damage the magazine and replaceable inserts instead

8 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

i think that is how it is designed to cause minimal damage the magazine and replaceable inserts instead

I destroy them at a pace that is cheaper to replace mags than inserts.  I also use garbage mags for dry fire. 

2 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

I destroy them at a pace that is cheaper to replace mags than inserts.  I also use garbage mags for dry fire. 

He does. I’ve seen it. Horrific sight 

6 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

You know they fit the hole if you can hit it, right?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

You know they fit the hole if you can hit it, right?

If I consistently hit the hole in practice every time, I’m not pushing to get faster.  Or I am not very coordinated and have gorilla strength. One of the two.  Or both..

Edited by tha1000

If it wasn’t an issue for a lot of people, the entire industry wouldn’t be trying to recreate the Limcat magwell. 

18 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

what is the wear like on your steel insert

4 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Surface wear on the limcat. It’s pretty much in the white at this point, but no gouges. I’ll post a pic later if I think about it. 

I’ve managed to gouge the akai steel version. 

Just now, tha1000 said:

Surface wear on the limcat. It’s pretty much in the white at this point, but no gouges. I’ll post a pic later if I think about it. 

My 2 are the same. 

4 hours ago, Fo0 said:

C7AC1965-2D89-4D70-9D33-B0B8465603E3.thumb.jpeg.1b29b6b22ae5da4681e664446bb64143.jpeg

6 hours ago, Brasspicker said:

does anybody know if a Cape magwell will fit on the Cheely E2?

Cheely requires the use of their own magwells....

It will go on but the front will have a big gap.

I put an STI one on mine and tried to use metal epoxy to fill the gap but the epoxy broke off today after 2 weeks. :(

I just received my Cheely E2 aluminum aggressive........wwwooooowwwww is it a cheese grater. I love it. Now I just have to put it on.