Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 G17 Triggers

blewisemt

Hi all!

I'm looking for a bit of insight on the following triggers for my Gen 5 G17 MOS. Perhaps my google-fu is lacking, but I haven't been able to find much in terms of advice and reviews, at least in terms of a direct comparison of the Gen 5 models specifically. Above all else, I am looking for a crisp break, and reduced pre-travel. Anyhow, I am trying to decide between the following triggers:

1) HSP Skimmer Gen 5

2) Gen 5 Pyramid Ultimate Flat Face Trigger

3) Vanek Gen 5 Classic

4) Vanek Gen 5 GSSF/Master

Thanks for your insight!

I just recently switched from the Vanek GSSF/ Master Trigger (fantastic trigger) to a Johnny Glock Competition Trigger. From what you’ve described, you should look at the Johnny Glock, you won’t be disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will mirror what a lot of others have said.  DK, Johnny, Vanek, all fantastic.

My latest love is my Zevtech Flat Faced pro trigger.  Holy...s#!t...

With the following im getting a 2 pound 11 ounce break that is crisp as can be, with no over travel.

Zev Trigger

Wolf 4.5lb striker

Wolf reduced power firing pin block spring

Zev Pro connector

SUPER stoked to run this as im amazed at how crisp and smooth this trigger is after simply dropping it in.  Zev trigger's in the past have been rather finicky with their adjustment screws losing their settings even with Loctite.  This thing has no adjustment screws and should be more reliable but time will tell.  I really, really, really dig the flat face as it fits my finger well and is very easy to index on.

• 4 months later...