Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

subcompact parts questions

StandardError

Is there a place to get frame weights, a thumb rest/pedal. And a magwell for the g43x?

I realize a lot of available parts are not as available since the g43/443x don't have accessory rails.

In trying to build a gamer Glock shooting minor on a subcompact platform.

First of all, thanks for the info everyone. I've been out of the glock game for a while.

Secondly, as to 'why', just because. I got a good deal on a g43x and I'm a tinkerer  so I was just wondering how much flexibility I had with the platform. I suspected that there wasn't a lot of 'gamer glock' accessories since most people use the compact and full-size frames for competition, but wasn't sure.

Well if you're doing it just for fun then that's fine. But if you are expecting it to actually wind up being a good competition gun then I think it'll be a waste of time and money. Even after throwing all that aftermarket stuff on a 43X I think a stock 34, or even a stock 19, would be more competitive. And buying all that aftermarket stuff would negate any good deal you got on the 43X ;)

Oh I absolutely agree. I have a 2011 for open and a shadow 2 for carry optics so I wasn't really wanting to compete with this for anything except ostentatiousness when shooting with friends.

I did also have a curiosity factor of "how soft/flat/easy can I get a subcompact 9 to shoot if I put on as many 'go-fast' parts as possible". I have a compensator coming for the threaded barrel I got. I was hoping to get a frame weight and a *thumb rest [generic]* type thumb rest, too. But the lack of forward accessory rail makes that challenging.

1 minute ago, dskinsler83 said:

And the Agency Comp is fun but not very practical. You need to lighten the recoil spring for it to run reliably. 

Call it the G43XXX

D8FF4994-AC4E-4F6D-8EA8-BFA90C0C4AC6.jpeg

D05FEF30-1AFD-474B-BCA6-0158C4B4AFF7.jpeg

6041059A-44C8-4FF2-B0F8-FD671E50E1A4.jpeg

.... Actually, the UPS guy came by since I posted and I just had a chance to install it.

How much/how would I lighten the recoil assembly?

2019-04-04 16.36.20.jpg

Also, Daniel, I feel tremendously bad if this thread is diverting any time from your work. This is - as the kids say - a shitpost and a meme gun thread. 

I had one of your triggers when I used to shoot a G17 for production and it was fantastic.

No worries. And I clipped a coil off to start from the main spring.  Having that optic on there may not help matters much.  They make the smaller ones for the baby pistols.  If you have a lathe or know anyone woth one and decent skills they could whip up a trigger pin / thumb rest pretty easily Im sure.  But I degress as this is definitely not what these size pistols are made for for sure lol. 

5 minutes ago, dskinsler83 said:

No worries. And I clipped a coil off to start from the main spring.  Having that optic on there may not help matters much.  They make the smaller ones for the baby pistols.  If you have a lathe or know anyone woth one and decent skills they could whip up a trigger pin / thumb rest pretty easily Im sure.  But I degress as this is definitely not what these size pistols are made for for sure lol. 

Previously I had a Gen 3 (or, well had a gen 4 captive assembly and then replaced it w/ a gen 3 guide rod assembly). I assume that the G43's recoil assembly can't be disassembled? So would I just clip the coil with all the recoil assembly parts still together?