Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

L10 officially dead with news of CA mag restriction lifted?

TrackCage

I have no dog in this fight. I don't shoot L10 but I am from California. With the news last week that we are no longer subject to 10-round magazines, I wonder if that's finally the last straw for L10. 

There are other restricted states, but CA was a HUGE market. 

Thoughts?

It's not. The state has already asked for a stay of the ruling (which may or may not be granted), but I believe they will get a stay once they file an appeal to the 9th. The 9th hates the second amendment so the will likely overturn the decision which will reinstate the PC sections in question. It then gets appealed again (PC still in effect) to the SCOTUS where they can decide whether or not to take the case.

This issue is far from over. Buy what you can now, but be ready for that to disappear at a moments notice. Also don't forget that if this initiative is upheld in the end, simple possession of 10+ round mags will be illegal in CA, and even legally purchased magazines would need to be surrendered (per the PC).

Whether or not L10 is dead, or if it should be a division is a separate discussion entirely. Don't forget by the way, something like 9 other states also have magazine capacity limits. It would take a SCOTUS ruling to strike all of them down and make it a non-issue.

Edited by jmtyndall

The obvious answer to the original query is, No. There are many states whose restrictions remain, despite what happens in California.

And because this thread is very political in nature, it is closed.