Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lstange

Carry Optics is really popular

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Doesn't that chart simply show that match attendance is lower during the winter?

It does, but apart from seasonality you can see that CO was below Open at the beginning of the year and now is above Open.

 

Any one month can still be noise, but the graph in the first message shows two years and the trend there is quite pronounced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, lstange said:

It does, but apart from seasonality you can see that CO was below Open at the beginning of the year and now is above Open.

 

Any one month can still be noise, but the graph in the first message shows two years and the trend there is quite pronounced.

 

A high level manager can determine a trend from one data point, but a lowly engineer requires quite a few. 

 

:) 

 

You are right, the page 1 graph is more interesting, will be interesting to see where things eventually settle out at. 

 

On a selfish note - I wish CO would either totally wipe out open or else they would establish safe maximum noise levels to get rid of the insanely loud guns. Not bitching about normal open guns but the few that make your teeth rattle and your ears hurt behind big fat 32 DB muffs. With ear stuff, if it hurts you are doing harm. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Open will be gone in a few years, the high price (especially compared to CO), and continual breakages that seem to plague Major9 will do it in.

 

I agree about the noise, it’s painful with some guns, though not as bad as the old 9x25...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

I think Open will be gone in a few years, the high price (especially compared to CO), and continual breakages that seem to plague Major9 will do it in.

 

I agree about the noise, it’s painful with some guns, though not as bad as the old 9x25...

 

Yeah, the "continual breakages" will do them right in.   😂🤣😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What continual breakages,  Figure that is sarcasm!

Yeah some slides break and F1 race cars blow engines, such is life when you're running this kind of stuff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

What continual breakages,  Figure that is sarcasm!

Yeah some slides break and F1 race cars blow engines, such is life when you're running this kind of stuff! 

 

Yep.  That's it 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that I can a dozen CO guns for the price of an open gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 5:14 PM, teros135 said:

 

Yeah, the "continual breakages" will do them right in.   😂🤣😂

 

It's awesome how some people pass anecdotal evidence and opinion as fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open isn't going to go anywhere, it is still the race division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, jmtyndall said:

That's awesome. I really want to try CO but hearing so many horror stories of optic reliability. Hopefully this will help improve dot quality

We have a shooter at our club that has had pretty much every brand of optic crap out on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, echotango said:

There are other divisions??

 

😂

Just a few!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, BritinUSA said:

From 2017 to 2018, PCC grew by 32%, while CO grew by 67%

Twice the rate.

I suspect the results vary considerably by region, in Colorado most matches are dominated by Limited and Production with CO gaining rapidly.

 

 

2070238422_ScreenShot2019-04-03at1_46_21PM.thumb.png.eb9c265a8fef3a88073c1ee17b469a92.png

 

On 4/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, Mcfoto said:

 

Wow, I'm doing this wrong: I'm both old and lazy but my latest lust is for revolver. Guess I better re-think that...

VERY interesting stats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 1:07 PM, lstange said:

I was surprised to learn that USPSA Carry Optics is now nearly as popular as Open and Production. It overtook Single Stack about a year ago, and in another year can become the second division after Limited.

 

monthly_attendance.png

VERY interesting stats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, echotango said:

There are other divisions??

Good to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GunBugBit said:

We have a shooter at our club that has had pretty much every brand of optic crap out on him.

OUCH. ON the slide makes it tough on 'em, fer sher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 2:56 PM, motosapiens said:

 

there's a particular kind of old lazy person that is also an attention-whore.... Revo is for them....;)  

 

Just make sure you mention often how 'challenging' each stage is for Revo shooters. 🤣

 

Does it mean that we get BORED with a Division? Jerry Miculek shooting that revo (6 reload 6) in 2.99 sec, STILL sticks in my head!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody trying to get 50 posts?? 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, Tanders said:

I think displaying the combined overall on Practiscore has also contributed a lot to the growth of CO and PCC.  If you can't win a Production match to save your life, just stick a dot on your gun, throw in some 140mm mages, and shoot CO.  Sure, you ain't gonna win CO either, but at least you'll feel better about yourself when you're having your wicked way with the lo-cap guys in the combined overall.

 

this is the same psychological phenomenon that leads to beating up kids that ride the short bus because your parents are abusive.... just sayin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fast forward 20 years, and the sport will  have come full circle (plus a little), two divisions.  Open and limited.  Except with all minor scoring.

 

Or we will all be shooting airsoft or some kind of SIRT gun competition because our government overlords continue to kill gun rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, BritinUSA said:

From 2017 to 2018, PCC grew by 32%, while CO grew by 67%

Twice the rate.

I suspect the results vary considerably by region, in Colorado most matches are dominated by Limited and Production with CO gaining rapidly.

 

 

2070238422_ScreenShot2019-04-03at1_46_21PM.thumb.png.eb9c265a8fef3a88073c1ee17b469a92.png

by this chart, it is interesting that the only 3 divisions that show an increase are all optic related divisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 12:56 PM, tha1000 said:

fast forward 20 years, and the sport will  have come full circle (plus a little), two divisions.  Open and limited.  Except with all minor scoring.

 

Or we will all be shooting airsoft or some kind of SIRT gun competition because our government overlords continue to kill gun rights.

 

I could see that happening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
by this chart, it is interesting that the only 3 divisions that show an increase are all optic related divisions.


Dots will become more and more popular as they become more reliable and the average age of shooters increases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 2:16 PM, echotango said:

There are other divisions??

 

I'm putting together a CO build so I can have fun and play with some friends and have fun with it. But nothing compares to Open. 

Edited by Jaycwebb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I remember when I took heat with a VERY small number of other guys for getting Production Optics (now called Carry Optics) started.

 

Glad you are all enjoying it.

 

I just stopped by to check on the latest optics being used and stumbled upon this thread, yeah I read the whole thing :)

 

I have relocated and am not really shooting matches these days, but getting my “carry” optics gun up to speed.

 

I am about to put my two Shadow’s and extra slide up for sale as I am just gonna shoot plastic and goof around a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...