Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoes

Bmans45

I wore Salomon's Speedcross 4's for the first 18 months of shooting USPSA, I bought the wide version about 4 months after buying my first pair. The main issue I ran into with the Salomon's was that the Toe box was too small for my feet and would scrunch up my toes (even with the wide version). When I was initially shopping for Salomon's I made it a point to try and find them locally and try them on, I had to go up 1 whole size because of them not being wide feet friendly. 5 months ago I made the switch to Boombah's Hellcat trail runner's, the tread pattern is very similar to Salomon's but they are wider in the toe box. They are 100x more comfortable and they are 1/2 the cost (Amazon) of Salomon's. This will be the only shoe I wear for shooting unless I find something with better comfort, performance, and looks.

I didn't even consider Inov8's because they are ugliest shoe I've ever seen, right behind Chuck Taylor's. Yes I'm that shallow lol. 

42 minutes ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

I wore Salomon's Speedcross 4's for the first 18 months of shooting USPSA, I bought the wide version about 4 months after buying my first pair. The main issue I ran into with the Salomon's was that the Toe box was too small for my feet and would scrunch up my toes (even with the wide version). When I was initially shopping for Salomon's I made it a point to try and find them locally and try them on, I had to go up 1 whole size because of them not being wide feet friendly. 5 months ago I made the switch to Boombah's Hellcat trail runner's, the tread pattern is very similar to Salomon's but they are wider in the toe box. They are 100x more comfortable and they are 1/2 the cost (Amazon) of Salomon's. This will be the only shoe I wear for shooting unless I find something with better comfort, performance, and looks.

I didn't even consider Inov8's because they are ugliest shoe I've ever seen, right behind Chuck Taylor's. Yes I'm that shallow lol. 

You are out of your mind.  I have to beat the ladies off with a stick when I wear my Ivon8’s.  

4 hours ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

I wanted to give the Boombas a try, but most of the reviews I read said they were extremely stiff and uncomfortable for all day wear. I have Salomons now and they aren’t the most comfortable either. I really wish Lowa made a lighter weight trail shoe. Something similar to the Zephyr, but in a lower top. I’d buy a lifetime supply of them....but based on the wear of my Zephyrs, I’d only have to buy 4-5 pair and I’d be set for life. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:02 AM, Trevor300wsm said:

I wanted to give the Boombas a try, but most of the reviews I read said they were extremely stiff and uncomfortable for all day wear. I have Salomons now and they aren’t the most comfortable either. I really wish Lowa made a lighter weight trail shoe. Something similar to the Zephyr, but in a lower top. I’d buy a lifetime supply of them....but based on the wear of my Zephyrs, I’d only have to buy 4-5 pair and I’d be set for life

Were you looking at the hellcat's or another model? Boombah is a company that caters to softball & baseball predominately, my 7yr old draught plays softball and ive found that most of the cleats/turf shoes now day are a very stiff plastic. Now as far as the Hellcat's, they are not stiff at all, they required no "break-in" time and the only portion of the shoe I might consider stiff would be the sides of the heel, but that's going to be the case for almost every trail runner/turf shoe on the market. I can also tell you that the tread holds up 100x better on the Boombah's compared to the Salomon's.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:09 PM, chenault said:

You are out of your mind.  I have to beat the ladies off with a stick when I wear my Ivon8’s.  

I'm terrified to know what the ladies in Oklahoma look like then. LMAO

1 hour ago, PewPewJohnson87 said:

Were you looking at the hellcat's or another model? Boombah is a company that caters to softball & baseball predominately, my 7yr old draught plays softball and ive found that most of the cleats/turf shoes now day are a very stiff plastic. Now as far as the Hellcat's, they are not stiff at all, they required no "break-in" time and the only portion of the shoe I might consider stiff would be the sides of the heel, but that's going to be the case for almost every trail runner/turf shoe on the market. I can also tell you that the tread holds up 100x better on the Boombah's compared to the Salomon's.

I'm terrified to know what the ladies in Oklahoma look like then. LMAO

There are some hotties, but judging by the old man styling of your shoes I’d say we are in a different age bracket, so to each his own.  At some point I’m coming to a match in Georgia and we’ll hash this out.  Loser has to wear toe shoes 

7 minutes ago, chenault said:

There are some hotties, but judging by the old man styling of your shoes I’d say we are in a different age bracket, so to each his own.  At some point I’m coming to a match in Georgia and we’ll hash this out.  Loser has to wear toe shoes 

DEAL  lol

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2019 at 5:30 AM, Bwillis said:

Inov8 mudclaw g260. They are lightweight, durable, lots of traction, lugs aren’t prone to breaking. The tread last longer than speedcross 

👆🏻