Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P-18 --STI mag options

je85

So it seems that Canyon Creek is out of business.☹️

What options are there now to run STI big sticks in a para or rock island?

Ill probably post in the classifieds to see if any one has a canyon creek they would like to sell but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, mwray said:

MBX makes para fit mags

Not looking to spend MBX prices for their overrated metal.

Options for STI mags or extension to 171.25 mm

Edited by je85

6 hours ago, je85 said:

So it seems that Canyon Creek is out of business.☹️

What options are there now to run STI big sticks in a para or rock island?

Ill probably post in the classifieds to see if any one has a canyon creek they would like to sell but I doubt it.

The STI mag will sit about 1/8" lower than Para mags. First just try the mags with they Para mag catch. Might work. If that doesn't work, have someone weld a little metal to the catch and grind it to shape.

FWIW STI used to sell mags for Para but that ended like 10 years ago if not more.

Edited by ChuckS
spellin'

Rich is still doing work, unless it is just recent. He is on this site RIIID.  Are you running a Rock Island in 40 or 9mm. I picked up a used, newer Pro 40 and the Remington R1 mags work in 40. If you are running a 9mm Para or Rock you could make a 170 easily. I have a friend that is a Aero Space welder that has made me longer mags. The RP9 mags work and are cheap. Two of them welded together could make a great 170 mag. I remember when Todd J. had a 140 mag made for his Para that held 22 rnds.

Hi,

New old guy here. I have an old para in 38 super that I used to shoot 25 years ago. I was going to start shooting again and I bought magazines from https://www.gunpartscorp.com/category/magazinesstrp-clips/magazines/para-ordnance/p18-para maybe they have what you need. the mags I bought were made in Canada and they look like my original mags except they are nickel. Good luck!

On 4/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, troupe said:

Rich is still doing work, unless it is just recent. He is on this site RIIID.  Are you running a Rock Island in 40 or 9mm. I picked up a used, newer Pro 40 and the Remington R1 mags work in 40. If you are running a 9mm Para or Rock you could make a 170 easily. I have a friend that is a Aero Space welder that has made me longer mags. The RP9 mags work and are cheap. Two of them welded together could make a great 170 mag. I remember when Todd J. had a 140 mag made for his Para that held 22 rnds.

I tried a google search for canyon creek customs but I cant find a website.

Does anybody have contact info for Rich?

On 4/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, je85 said:

Not looking to spend MBX prices for their overrated metal.

Options for STI mags or extension to 171.25 mm

I use the Rem 9mm in 2 Para. 1 is a older Can p-16 converted to 9 and the other is a new Pro Custom. They run 100%. Your results may differ.  Choose your base pads. I also have MBX including a 171. They may be overpriced for your needs but they are not over rated. Never seen a better mag. 

ChuckS.... is correct!   Spot weld a tab ontop of the ledge of the mag catch, mig welder.   Just a tab.   File flat.   

Remove the catch, insert the STI tube and u can see how the notch hole is taller, than the para notch hole.

By welding a spot and filing it flat, all you are doing is rising the contact point to hold the mag.

Para tubes notch hole can be filed upward to match the same slot as STI tubes.

Simply fix.

But do weld on a spare catch.  So you have two.  Just in case.