Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio old vs new frame

aales1

Hi all!

I know that somewhere between 2015 and 2016 Tanfoglio made minor changes to frames.

I have stock 3 with new frame and know that wood grips are different, also beavertail is sligtly different.

I am intrested in buying new Tanfoglio Limited 45 with old frame for a very nice price due to being old frame.

Are there any major differences between frames?

I spent an hour this weekend whittling on the locking block for my DAA racer holster as I go from an old frame to a new frame.  The new frame triggerguard is just a touch larger and was causing my well-seasoned holster to bind up when trying to put the gun in the holster.  Nothing that you are likely to notice in-hand, just another of those little dimensional variations the Italians seem to sprinkle on their products as though it were parmesan.  

Hi guys,

So gun is at home. I must say that I expected that there would be more of a size difference between small and large frame. In my ipsc kydex holster which I use with Stock 3 small frame, limited is having a lot of play. 

Owerall gun feels great. Trigger is crisp but on a heavy side.

Do the same main spring work for a 45 as it does for a 9mm?

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:02 AM, aales1 said:

Hi guys,

So gun is at home. I must say that I expected that there would be more of a size difference between small and large frame. In my ipsc kydex holster which I use with Stock 3 small frame, limited is having a lot of play. 

Owerall gun feels great. Trigger is crisp but on a heavy side.

Do the same main spring work for a 45 as it does for a 9mm?

The Stock 3 frame has a rail and the Limited frame does not which should explain the amount of play in the holster.

I have used the same hammer spring for many different calibers (conversion kit slides).

Edited by himurax13